100w LED Cabinet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Corn Man, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Growing in a 1'x2' Cabinet.
    40CFM intake and Exhaust
    100w LED Optic Cob XL Light
    Growing in a mesh bag for the sake of occupying space.

Just one blue dream plant.
    Ideally would like a QP every four months
    Simple Stuff, just want to use this to try and see what I can tinker with in future grows.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Day 7 of Veg - Just a little Guy - I'm counting the sprouting time as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. should be interesting

• Like Like x 2
  4. ill watch

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I would have posted a whole lot sooner if I knew people were watching, I usually just make one of these for looking back and seeing heights and looks of late veg and flowering, so that's what I'm back for. About to figure out when I want to harvest and switch to flowering soon

I'll try and post more often with the next grow if you guys are still interested.

6. #6 Corn Man, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Day 35. Had a ton of fun doing LST with those 6" staple things you use for normal gardens. Got a TON of horizontal with very little vertical growth, which is what I need.

Certainly flowering soon Will probably do one last pin down and top and give her a couple days to recover and start flowering next weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 7 Days into Flowering - Rolled down the sides of the bags to let the leaves fan out and strapped down a couple more branches for the last time. Down with LST now, filled the whole cabinet and I think the light and plant will cover the whole canopy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. will be crowded for them if bigger.

9. 14 Day into flowering:
    I rolled down the bags so there's about an inch above the soil for the water to splash
    the bigger branches are held back with binder clips, I am all done with any kind of training and/or trimming
    I am really excited about this grow, I used to fill my space in veg and THEN go into flowering. This time I did about half of the fill in Veg, then the initial flowering growth took care of the rest

As you can see in the first image the light has PLENTY of room to work, It's still sitting at a solid 14-16" from the lights with only a little bit more growth going.

Hopefully next grow I can perfect the tall plants to the outside and shorter plants on the inside for that sexy U shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 21 Days into Flowering.
    l had to do some last minute moving around, but basically no stress to the baby, just had two of the colas right under the light sky rocked so I pulled them back, I also put the light at max height and had to shift everything to the right a tad, just happens to be how the space above works out, only one place for the light when it's up this high.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 42 Days into Flowering - No Pics, but they finally stopped growing.
    So Ideally I would stop high intensity stuff like Fimming going into Flowering
    I can keep doing LST stuff all the way up until Week 3 I'd say

I think just 4 weeks after sprouting I'll go into flowering, with the space all I really have time for is to top them like once or twice. Basically right when I have a sturdy branch going each way I should go into flowering.

Those are the things I'll be trying differently next grow.

12. 49 Days into Flower (Aug 29). Didn't Upload the pictures right away, but It's tough posting pics when it's not what you want, but for the sake of record. I had to chop a couple babies who were touching the light. I need to do an earlier flowering and longer LST next time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Day 56
    I think the crazy late chop stunted them back a week or two, This certainly doesn't have the "Week from Flush" vibe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Final Thoughts
    I just wanted to make a post of the things I'm changing/will change going into the next grow, as I've learned a ton and am excited for what the new changes will bring. That's why I love this so much, you can only get better.
    First things first is pot choice, my old choice was a mesh bottom shopping bag, which would work great if I had the room to support 10+ Gallons of Soil, but that was mistake number one, at least going from the ground up.
    This time I will be trying two plants, instead of one, and doing them in 5 gallon smart pots. I have a feeling this will still be too much, but I'm also hoping going into flowering sooner than last time will help offset this a bit, I will be going into flowering at least a week sooner.
    I will also leave the plants in a smaller cup and just transplant them 2 weeks before flowering to wait off transplant shock. I'm also going to try to build a ring around the whole garden for easier plant tie downs AND I moved the fan from that fun L ducting shape for the intake to just putting the fan right in the hole. It doesn't look as clean along the back, but that's stuffed against the wall for the most part.

TL;DR:
    • Two Plants
    • 5 Gallon Pots (Will try 3 Gallon next grow if I run into the same problem)
    • Transplanting into more soil just 2 weeks before flowering
    • Reorganized garden space for better efficiency

15. Veg, Day 5ish? Other hasn't Sprouted, so we will wait until then
    [​IMG]

16. Updated thoughts:

I am going to stick with the small cup and transplant just two weeks before flowering plan. It's nice. It's simple. I LIKE IT. The second these bad boys hit their 4th leaf set, I'm going to shove them into a 5 gallon pot for 2 weeks and start training
    I'm going to try and squeeze a little Scrog in there if I can. I'll put it just below the white intake fan you see in the picture and just to the right because as you can see there are two fans there making that spot just worthless, plus at max height my light only covers about 70% of the canopy, so it'll workout perfect in the end.
    I'm also going to continue training for the first 2 weeks in flowering, 4 in total. I'll either do plastic or twine scrog so I can cut it IF for some reason I get no growth in week 3, but as you seen in the grow above, weeks 1&2 combined my plant grew as much as it did in week 3, so I'm going to use those first two for additional horizontal growth. I think with the small Veg Time frame and continued horizontal growth in Veg, that height won't be an issue and I should see a more even canopy.

I do LOVE LST training when I have more space both in and out of the garden, just simply tying down plants where you want to go, it gives a lot of versatility and makes it really fun to try and get an even canopy, but this just isn't the setup for it.

17. Veg day... let's say 14. Last day in the solo cups, had problems getting a second seed to sprout but we are going with Green Crack for that little guy. Going to trasnplant both into the 5 gallons tomorrow since the Blue Dream can't even go 24 hours without drying out. Will probably go another 2.5 weeks in the 5 gallons to ward off transplant shock then go into flowering and continue to train for another 2 weeks.

[​IMG]

18. I know I'm going to be coming back here to try and remember so I'm just going to make a note for myself now

GREEN CRACK IS ON THE LEFT
    BLUE DREAM IS ON THE RIGHT

19. Current Series of Events
    2.5 weeks in the current transplant
    2 more weeks of training in Scrog after that
    after week 5 snip the scrog completely so it doesn't at all grow into the plant
    Flush after week 7
    Lights out at week 9
    Harvest at week 9.5

That's the current plan. Subject to change towards the end based on Trichome development

20. So unless these babies come up really short, I think I'm going to stick with either one five gallon or two three gallons. I'm going to try them both. I think I'll settle on just two three gallon pots as this is a wide garden it will make it easier to fill with less training, but as you'll see below the scrog isn't nearly as big, lots of air intake to the right.
    I also want to do a much lower scrog next year. I think I'll just buy some of that cheap plastic fencing or maybe some nice chicken wire, and just lay it on top with a few hooks to keep it from going too high. Either way another 2 weeks before I go into flowering.
    TL;DR Future Grows, Lower Scrog, One five Gallon, then I'm going to try 2 three gallons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]