1000w mh/hps, LST, SCROG, DWC. First Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by K.O.G., Jan 16, 2010.

1. cool set up man;)

2. well, i vegged for 30 days, then had to move so i gave em 10 days to de-sress before i flowered. So, 40 days.

3. Thanx!

4. gonna put up pics of my DIY veg box tommorow. also going to try some bonsai on one or two of my plants. i'll post pics of that too.

5. #85 K.O.G., Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
    here's some pics. of my veg box. it is 6ft wide, 4ft. deep and 4 ft tall. Plastic outside, mylar inside.
    the ones in rockwool are seeds a friend gave me. he got them when he was in ireland. the guy he got them from said they are high dollar femenized seeds from amsterdam. not sure the strain but the guy told him they were great for SCROG. i have 23 all together. as you can see, 6 already sprouted. i have a DIY cfl light bar. it is 350 actual watts of daylight cfl's. the box has an intake fan/heater with a filter and exhaust fan. one oscilating fan inside for good circulation. i have 100% succes with my clone bucket, thanks Rump! Usually have good roots in 8-9 days with tap water ph'd to 6.0
    there are also some 2 mothers in dirt in there.

Attached Files:

6. Here's a couple pics. of the DIY stuff i did for the flower room. i built a filter system for the intake fan. I installed 3- 15 amp breakers into the empy spaces in my breaker box. ran wire to inside the room and wired up 4 outlets. each 1000w light has its own outlet and breaker. the other two outlets power my fans, pumps, A/C, D/H, co2, etc.

Attached Files:

7. Here's an update on the girls 3 1/2 weeks into flower.
    Got very bad news though. all 6 are popping seeds at the nodes and a couple buds are showing signs of seeds. I'm extremly pissed. i'm pretty sure it was a light leak through my A/C. Fixed it now but it's too late. any one ever heard of using a product called Reverse? i guess it's how they make seedless watermelon. anyway, i'm gonna read up on it. i'll let you guys know what i find out.

Attached Files:

8. Those look good, sorry to hear about seeds, I haven't ever used or personally known anyone who has used reverse, but I do recall seeing several posts of people saying it really saved or helped control hermies i believe.

9. i went to the hydro store and got some reverse and some penetrator. they only had one bottle of the reverse though. i sprayed the girls with all of it, mixed with the proper amount of penetrator, and it was Barely enough. i gotta do it again in 10 days so i'm gonna get 2 bottles and really soak em like it says. Pray to satan it works!
    i'll keep you guys posted.

10. well i'll be a mother fucker! that reverse is working. the buds are literally pushing out the tiny preemie seeds and all the pods at the nodes are turning into more budsites. Fucking amazing. i found out they hermied due to a light leak in the a/c. fixed it and won't let it happen again. i'll try to get some pics up soon. the trichs are filling in nice. also i decided to try flora nectar in the bb's. i love the way molasses is working in soil so i wanted to try this stuff. Later.

11. Hey KOG :wave:

Glad to hear you were able to get the light leak taken care of and that the reverse is working for you. The only other grower I can think of (atm) that has used reverse is LBH.

Happy Sunday :wave:

12. Awesome man! I am glad it worked, like I said never used it before but I remembered reading about it a couple times. Hope the rest of the grow goes smoothly!

13. and i recommended it to him in a thread awhile back.. from what i understand it sucked for him, but i'm still with K.O.G. i think it kicks huge ass. you actually use (measurment-wise) SOO little of the Reverse & Penetrator (the Reverse wont work without it, or something very similar), that i use it like once a week, on Femmed plants no less. Better safe than sorry. of course when i had to buy the Reverse, i wasn't running Fem beans..:mad:

14. I keep it right in the middle of my arsenal haha.:)
    [​IMG]

15. thanks for all the feed back GC! I got a batch of femmmed seeds from amsterdam a friend gave me that's vegging now. i'm going to spray them with the reverse as soon as i start 12/12 just to be sure. i want to put some goods pics up of the nugs that are coming along so nicely but my camera blows balls. i'll try anyway.

16. your grow is looking fabulous!!!!! you should be dam proud of what you have essembled :D

17. thanks myles. in a way i am. i don't want to be arrogant though.

18. the effort you put into it shows.... you should be!!!! no arrogance involved :)

19. ah shit! i ran out of co2 and can't afford to get more till Wed. oh well. also i cut down the jolly rancher that was giving me problems. flushed it twice and it was looking better but not 100%. Weed out the week! i'm making some tincture with it. trichs were mostly cloudy so it should be good. also it made room for the big one it dirt. it was crammed against the wall. now it has tons of room. i also borrowed a 600w hps from a friend so now i'm running 2,600 watts hps. i had to raise the lights to the ceiling cause the girls are growing like they're on steroids.

20. high standards bro!!!! haha

as for the CO2, as long as you have good circulaation they'll hardly tell the difference for such a short time :)