1000w HPS...too much?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokinbudz420, Jan 15, 2011.

1. so i found a good deal on a 1000w hps light the other day(or what i thought was good atleast) and decided to get it cause it was a better price than the 600w and about the same as the 400w. just wondering if 1000w is gunna be a big jump on my power bill and such? wondering if it will raise any red flags jumping from 150w hps to 1000w.

if anyone was wondering i got the ballast, socket, reflector, and bulb for 189.99.

2. #2 sensi13, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
    It seems like my 400w setup added about $25 to my bill, but for a variety of reasons I could be off by 50% plus or minus. Maybe you can use this to help figure the monthly cost for you:

Electric Power Monthly - Average Retail Price of Electricity to Ultimate Customers by End-Use Sector, by State

Here's the formula to figure the cost of running a device:
    wattage x hours used ÷ 1000 x price per kWh = cost of electricity

3. it will jump your bill so be ready, however as far as the cops go, a little electric space heater draws a thousand watts so dont worry about that.

4. good point...im runnin 2-1ks and my bills a lil over a c-note a month...guess it depends on where u are...