1000w HPS New Grow Question Autoflower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by walleyehunter, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Long time reader, first time poster. I am going to be do my first autoflower grow here and have a couple a questions. My set-up is a 5x5 complete tent with dimmable 1000w HPS (400,600,1000) with a dual spectrum bulb. I am also going to throw a couple of CFL's in there for the grow. Three gallon pots with soil.. 20 to 25 plants total.. 20/4 light cycle.. all auto and all feminized for this first run..
    1- Joint Doctor Lowryder 2
    2- Joint Doctor Dieselryder
    3-Low Life AK-47
    4- Low Life Blueberry
    5- Blarney's Pineapple Express.

Can I run my 1000w HPS right off the bat? I am worried about stunting them with too much power. Would it be worth it to buy a bunch of extra CFL's to get them going. Or just dim my light to 400w HPS or 600w HPS for the first week or two. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!:D

2. Just dim it down door two weeks then up then up some more it will be fine

Sent from iPhone 5

3. So would this make sense for 20 plants...

Have them all under 400wHPS for Weeks 1 & 2, 600wHPS for Weeks 3 & 4, and then switch to 1000wHPS from that point until harvest. Again, the bulb I will be using will be a dual spectrum with both red and blue and 20/4 timing for the entire duration of the grow.

thanks-
    walleyehunter

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Oh you have a dual spec yeah go 100 the whole time those are bad ass

Sent from iPhone 5

5. twenty plants? thats awesome! were you planning on sog or scrog?

6. Nice GL, subbed.

7. Yup 1000 of the bat.....go big today!!!!

8. I ran 5 autos under my 1k watts my first run then 10 the second run and honestly the second run I only got like a ounce more than my first I wouldn't do more than 6 at a time myself but that's just my opinion. Got like 8 oz the first run and a little over 9 the second. Some of the plants are so far towards the end they barely get light and if you raise the light the ones in the middle are getting less light then usual because of the distance It's like feeding a family of 20 the same amount of food as a family of 6. The family of 6 is obviously going to weigh more on average than the family of 20 lol
    That's my opinion.

9. 2 years ago
    hahaha love it

Subbed

10. #10 Grade A, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    Wow, didn't even notice that. Where the fuxk do people pull these posts out from lol
    Wish I noticed. Would have saved me 5 minutes of my life lol