1000w Holy Grail first grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by OldClassic517, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Hello all, I just recently planted my germinated seeds and decided to start this journal even though I won't be able to update pictures until tomorrow or friday.

My set-up: 
    -approx. 6x4.5' usable space
    -4 plants, holy grail kush by DNA genetics
    -Soil, Gaia Green living earth soil/Promix with dolomite lime and blood and bone meal. (just using the plain gaia soil for seedlings currently.)
    -Plan on vegging about 5-6 weeks so i can get a good SCROG set up about 30'' down from the light. 
    -1000w MH w/ lumatek digital ballast, reflector air cooled hood. 
    -climate is controled with 2 fans, ceiling filter, and airpurifyer/cooler. av. temp is around 80 degrees. using bowls of water to keep humidity up during the whole growing stage save the last 2 weeks of flowering(going to use a dehumidifyer to dry up the room)
    -5 gallon pots
    -DNF Bloom mix fertilizer for flowering stage.

Im hoping with this set up to achieve maybe 4oz a plant, for 1lb total. But i also know this is an end goal for most growers, and thus will be happy with even a single zipp per plant. but i have done so much research into this, and spent a lot of money on my starter grow. This is more of an experimental stage than anything right now, and would appreciate any input, negetive or positive from our more experienced growers along the journey of this journal. 

I am planning on LST them then scrog, no chopping or HST for my first grow.

Anyways, a report on the things i bought and whether i recommend them... 

In my personal experience thus far which is not much mind you, Illumalights.ca for ordering equiptment is a nightmare. Within a day of use the shitty knockoff ballast was fried and completely unresponsive. They are sending me another one, but are taking their sweet time about it. The brand is "iponic zone". fuck that. I went to my local hydro store, which is kind of expensive, but they offer lumatek with the 5 year warrenty and warrenty all their other equiptment themselves. spent an arm and a leg and now am using a 1000w digital ballast, going to use the hps bulb for flower and mh for veg. Bottom line with equipment, my advice is buy it in person even if you have to travel 2 hours, its worth it having the piece of mind knowing it can be instantly replaced. Imagine having a ballast fry halfway into flowering! and it takes them WEEKS to gget you another one! bye bye crop.

I ordered the seeds from Hemp Depot. I was scepticle at first because of the light debacle, but WOW, seriously, I do not work for them, 4/4 seeds i germed where germed within 12 hours, just planted them today. (1/3 inch deep, loose, moist not soaked)