1000w Grow tent temp control

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fajilionbud, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Hey everyone, 

I'm back into growing with a newer bigger and better setup. :hello:   However, I am having trouble controlling my temperature in my tent and would really like to lower to see if I can get a bit of purpling.  RIght now while the lights are on I my temps are between 87-91 degrees.  I have a 450cfm fan out and a box fan intake.  Any recommendation as to how I can lower my temps? :cry:

2. How big is the tent?

How Many Lights? What kind of light are you using?

If your fan is on all the way and it is blowing through the lights and you have the lights up as high as you can, then you may need an a/c

It sounds like you should be more concerned about getting the temp to something more tolerable 
    for the plants, rather than just doing it to get them purple.

3. #3 Fajilionbud, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
    I have 1 1000w light like I said and it is a 5' x 5' tent.  fan is attached to the hood yes.  What do you mean by getting an AC?

Also, my plants are perfectly good and health, chlorophyll actually is more efficient at 80-90 degrees than 70.  My main issues are keeping my apartment temps down and getting purple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps6mukfiS3s
    -
    this will explain purpling better

4. An A/C is short for air conditioner, but in an apartment in a 5x5 tent for one light I don't see any of that happening. Next time you may want to try 600 watts rather than 1000. it puts off less heat and if you grow shorter plants you can get just as much as you would from 1000 watts. Usually 75 to 80 degrees is what I go for 76 being ideal but thats just me. I really don't think they like anything over 85 from what I have seen when watching mine grow.

5. i used to run kilowatters and i think 450 cfm fan isn't quite enough. ambient temperature in your apartment plays a huge role, as well. so yeah, AC unit should help a lot, plus a larger fan. how are you ventilating the tent? if your lights system is sucking air from inside the tent, consider having your light ventilation on a separate line than your tent ventilation.