1000w ballast mistake

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GanjaGremlin, Mar 25, 2012.

1. So I bought a 1000w ballast with an hps bulb. I got a 120v plug in for it. Just was checking it out and it says 240v only, then it says all the specs like frequency. Ive had the 120v for 4 weeks now. Should I be worried.

2. Is it digital? And pics maybe?

3. Your dryer more than likely has a 240v oultet, and plug. Check that out if all else fails.

4. Its a lumatek 1000w 240v Digital Ballast switchable mh/hps. I went to a grow shop to find out about the 240v plug, and when I brought in my Ballast and plug he just switched my 240v plug witha 120v plug. I found out later that it says 240v only, not sure if its bad. Also I share my dryer with my roomates, but ill check to see if there is extra plugs.

5. Bump please, need an answer, scared of burning my house down. My theory is since it is a digital ballast it automatically changed its output to 50% since ive been running this ho for 4 weeks now.

6. [quote name='"GanjaGremlin"']Its a lumatek 1000w 240v Digital Ballast switchable mh/hps. I went to a grow shop to find out about the 240v plug, and when I brought in my Ballast and plug he just switched my 240v plug witha 120v plug. I found out later that it says 240v only, not sure if its bad. Also I share my dryer with my roomates, but ill check to see if there is extra plugs.[/quote]

As far as I understand all digital ballast automaticly switch it to 120 with no power loss it is just more efficient on 240.

7. Does it have a sticker on it like the one below? If so then its a dual voltage ballast that can run on either 120/240.

Attached Files: