1000W air cooled 4x4 grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SrGueroLoco, Mar 16, 2015.

1. So I have set up a 1000W D.E. air cooled lamp inside of a 4x4 grow tent. I have six clones growing under the light currently. I am looking for any input on how big/tall I should allow the plants to veg before flowering given how powerful the lights ability is to penetrate the canopy. I have been thinking 3 gallon pots would be sufficient to flower in. I have also been considering using a 4x8 room for the same amount of plants without greatly increasing veg time over a month or so. Again any input on any of the preceding thoughts would be appreciated. I will post pictures soon.

2. Shorter plants with heavy screen action is what I prefer. That way penetration is not really an issue

3. #3 SrGueroLoco, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  4. That is what I'm leaning towards. Scrog makes so much more sense in a tight area.

Things are looking alright, but I'm surprised your seedlings are not any bigger at a week old. It could be the light you're using. Metal halide is much better for young plants than high pressure sodium.

Do you have a separate veg area? If you don't, then you'll likely want to wait about a month or so before flipping to 12/12, and obviously you'll want to transplant again by then. Nothing smaller than 2-3 gallon pots should be used (it looks like your clones are in 1 gal pots right now?)

I believe posting a video is the same as posting a photo... click the "more reply options" button, and simple attach file. As for stopping the lines in the video, I hold polarized sunglasses over my camera lens.