1000 Watt HPS

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Dinosaurr, Aug 4, 2009.

1. I have a grow room where i am going to have two 1000watt MH/HPS systems in the room.
    I am wondering how many plants i can efficiently grow under each of these lights?

I was thinking they cover a 4x4 sq foot size efficiently i could fit 10-12 plants under one light ?

Room is 8 foot tall, so the height of plants isnt much of a bother. im worrying more if the plants are going to be too close together and not get enough light like this.

Should i go for sativa dominant?

Thank you for your help!

2. roughly 20 per light depending on size....

whats the width and length of room?

i have an 8by8by8 with a single 1000w and it's fine...

personally i'd go with indica or indica dominate........sativa take longer to flower 9weeks plus and are taller than indicas...

a hybrid is a option.

3. 8x12x8

Complete Light Kits
    Was going to get 2x 1000Watt Power Plant kits. Have any other recommendations for light setups to maximize my yield? Also help with growing techniques with those light setups?

4. #5 Dinosaurr, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
    How big of an area would i be able to do with 2 1000w MH/HPS with a stadium grow like that?

I can expand my area to up to
    12x12x8

[Edit] Ive decided to sort of mimic his setup.
    Anyone have a link for 1000w MH bulbs without a reflector or cheap with a reflector since it won't be used.

5. 12by12 will work just fine..

6. Why not do SOG grow? You have plenty of lumens to really setup a nice SOG grow. That way you can maximize amount of plants per light. The main cola is where 75% of the bud weight comes from. Al B. Fuct has a thread for perpetual harvest every 2 weeks on here: Get a harvest every 2 weeks

7. i have a 8 by 8 thats six foot high. with two 1000 hps lights with a ebb and grow system from cap and plants jumpeda foot in groth in one week

8. im only doing eighteen plants in this area