1000 W Exodus Cheese and Blue Cheese in a tent

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by fyrhazzrd, Jul 26, 2011.

1. #1 fyrhazzrd, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
    Hello All; Glad you could stop by and check out my grow.. Sorry this grow is about half done. If you wish to check it out from the beginning there are pictures of them from the beginning in my other grow journal that is in my signature. It's the Big Bang grow.. :)

4x4x6.5 Secret Jardin Tent
    1000W HPS Eye Hortilux Bulb
    1000W Dimmable Lumatek Ballast
    5 Gallon Bubble Buckets
    Lucas Formula + AN Big Bud
    6" 450CFM Vortex Fan
    6" Phresh Carbon Filter
    C.A.P. AIR-4 (To Control the AC)
    10,000 BTU Portable AC

Temp inside tent 75 degrees F
    Temp Outside Tent 70 Degrees F

1 Greenhouse Seeds Exodus Cheese
    1 Barneys Farm Blue Cheese

Currently they are both almost in their fourth Week of flower. Tomorrow will be four weeks.

The attached pictures shows the Exodus Cheese (the Beheemouth of a plant taking up 3/4 of the tent) Plant on the left

The Blue cheese is the scrawny plant on the right

Attached Files:

2. And here is a better picture of the Blue Cheese

Attached Files:

3. I would like to add that these two strains are not near as smelly as the Big Bang that I grew. That thing would stink up the whole house. These you just can't smell anything, even when the fans aren't running.

4. Pulling up a chair :)

5. #6 fyrhazzrd, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
    As I mentioned earlier I am using Lucas Formula + Big Bud, but I think I should mention that I am running it @ 7 ml/gal of micro to 14 ml/gal of Bloom and 8ml/gal of Big Bud. I'm running the 7/14 instead of 8/16 that Lucas recommends, because running the recommended dosage with the Big Bud brings my EC readings up over 2.5. And my plants just don't seem to like it that high. At the reduced rate my EC is 2.2 and they seem to like that a lot better.

I would also like to mention that during veg I ran Voodoo Juice with the Blue Cheese, and I ran Great White with the Exodus Cheese. I was trying to compare the differences, and honestly there was no difference in root growth. They both had booming root growth during veg.

6. Thanks for the report on the Voodoo Juice and Great White comparison. I use Voodoo Juice too and while i love the stuff, it's pretty expensive. Great White's a powder additive right? If my quick mental conversions of the liquid equivalents are correct, then it seems that Great White is about half the price when you cost it out by the gallon of nute solution. So i'm guessing you're going to stick with Great White then?

And have you used the Big Bud before? I have that too, but i just started using it, literally 2 days ago.

I love Cheese and am definitely gonna stay tuned. Good luck!

7. Yes Great White is a powder and I will most likely be sticking with it. I thought I might try humbolt nutrients Roots products as well. I'm not a fan of powders because they tend to eventually end up in the bottom of the buckets and all over the air stones.

Yes I used Big Bud on my Auto Big Bang. Only reason I'm using it is because I have a lot left.

8. I need to get a tds meter..... making a custom frankenstein lucas formula for each strain is the way to go.

9. #10 fyrhazzrd, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    Hey GC how's it going.. Time for my weekly update. Something very strange is going on.. My Blue Cheese has fallen victim to strange PH problems. I am using the same nutrient mix for both of them and the Exodus Cheese holds steady @ 5.8 PH where the Blue Cheese is around 6.2. That's why in the pictures of the Blue Cheese you will notice the leaves curling.

Both plants are in Week 5 of flower

Here are the pictures:

First the Exodus Cheese:

Attached Files:

10. Next up the Blue Cheese

Attached Files:

11. I definitely think My next grow I am going to only go with one plant. The Blue Cheese is being squashed by the Exodus cheese. Just not enough room in that tent for two full grown plants. I would have never dreamed that one plant grown in a tent would grow to over three feet wide.

12. I have been thinking the same thing.... I think I could get more off of one plant if it just let it grow crazy big and it wasn't so squished.

13. most times a rising ph means she wants more nutrients .. add more, slowly ...

they DO look good either way ....

14. you got some serious curling going on i heard the apple cider vinegar will lower PH but regular vinegar will burn leaves

15. Im using ph down. The problem started happening last friday so I changed the water out on saturday. I finally have the ph stable again. I haven't had to add ph down since monday.

16. #17 fyrhazzrd, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
    OK we are in Day 45 of Flower for both plants. The Exodus Cheese has about two weeks left, and the Blue cheese two to four weeks left.

I started to get salt burn on the Blue Cheese so I started a 24 hour flush of plain water for both plants today.

PH has been stable all week, unfortunately some of the leaves are too badly damaged to recover. So that's why the Blue Cheese has some really bad looking leaves.

The Exodus Cheese is still looking pretty good. Had a small problem with my PPM's climbing which caused some minor tip burn, but I caught that early enough before it caused any real damage.

Here are this weeks pictures.

First up is the Exodus Cheese: (First picture the Exodus Cheese is the large plant on the left)
    The really light green parts of the plant in the first picture is because there is not enough room in the tent for both plants. The plants are crammed against all four walls. So the parts touching the walls aren't getting enough light. So that's why they are so light in color.

Attached Files:

17. Here are the Blue Cheese Pictures:

Attached Files:

18. Those plants look amazing man!

19. haha.. thanks.. Now you know what you have to look forward to. :D