100 watt HPS

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GhengisChron, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Would 100 watts be sufficient for 2-3 medium sized plants? if not, then 1? I would probably end up LSTing them to get the most out of the light anyway.

I'm on a strict low budget, I can throw in a few CFLs. I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do right now.

I may end up throwing them on our deck if my roommate is cool with it, since its attached to his room. but i have no clue how much sun they would be getting. i'm pretty sure the deck is on the northwest-ish side of the house. but if i can pull off a nice little closet cabinet i would be much more satisfied.

not my first grow btw, i'm just trying to step it up a tad.

any comments or suggestions are welcomed. thanks guys... and gals:p

2. Sorry mate,but your looking at 1 plant under a 100w HPS :)

3. ok bud.

if your goin too throw some cfls in also then go with 2 plants mate.

as karmacat says ,rule of thumb is 100 watts per plant but you can get away with 2;)

all the best with your 1st grow mate, you have plenty help,if needed, on here bud:smoking:

4. i pretty much know everything i need to know, but there is no guide on lighting anywhere on this site that i can find. somebody really needs to make one. i found the CFL one, but i used CFLs for my last grow, and it was a hassle constantly moving them and trying to get them in the best spots, etc.

so 2 is good enough i guess. its better than 1!

5. More Lumens!

I always say the more the merrier... with that lighting you may want to grow a hardy strain like a northern lights or afghani and stay away from the sativas.

Like you said LST is the best option for your setup keep her low to let the HPS penetrate to the bottom and you are set... you should still be able to harvest a couple of OZs dried if you feed properly and keep a good air flow.