Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

100 proof cannabis tincture attempt

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Marijuana User, Apr 25, 2012.

1. I'd like to have a go at making my own tincture. I have 5.9 grams of ABV plus a gram or two of stems, and I have a bottle Captain Morgan 100 proof.

From the research I've done so far it seems that a good ratio is 1 gram of fresh decarboxylized bud to 1 ounce of alcohol. Obviously there's one ounce of pure ethanol in two ounces of 100 proof, so it makes sense to me to use two fluid ounces of liquor to one gram of bud. Should I alter this ratio because I'm using ABV? I'll be heating the mixture of liquor and finely ground vaped weed to just below the ethanol's boiling point. Thanks! :D

2. Use a 151 proof or higher if you can.

3. Using vaped stuff might make it taste really bad man. Just a thought I had.

4. rather than heating up the mixture... just let it sit for a good while man. As you heat it, you will be losing alcohol regardless of being below its boiling point, that shit evaporates efficiently... and it doesnt really need to be heated unless you want to reduce it...

5. Alright so I bought a bottle of 151. It does make sense to use a stronger liquor because there will be less volume of fillers in the liquor, meaning a more pure result. Thanks Steps

6. everclear would have been better. 190 proof all the way

7. If I could have gotten it I would have. However, liquor that strong is illegal to sell here in Florida.

8. #8 MrxNiceGuy, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
    How to make Green or Golden Dragon | 420tainment

Your welcome :D :smoke:

and yes if your doing this with alcohol use BACARDI 151 or ever clear you want the highest DRINKABLE proof alcohol you can find.

if you cannot find this and dont feel like leaving your state or asking a bootleg bartender to get it then dont make an alcohol tincture....make a glycerin tincture. I just had success making it. its not as strong as i hoped it wont "BAKEEEE YOU OUT MANNNNNN" but it will hold you over when your out and not home and your breath wont smell like alcohol