100% indica

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by ballrawg, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Ok so I have northern lights 100% indica, and kandahar 90% indica. Now I'm only growing 2 indoors under a 1000w mh/hps, and I need your advice/opions on wether I should top them to have 2 colas and tie them down, or fim them having 4 colas and tying them down? I've never grown a dominant indice before, I know there short already and I have a 4x4x7 tent so I can let them get tall. Please let me know what the best route is to go with, with these plants. Thank you very much.

2. [quote name='"ballrawg"']Ok so I have northern lights 100% indica, and kandahar 90% indica. Now I'm only growing 2 indoors under a 1000w mh/hps, and I need your advice/opions on wether I should top them to have 2 colas and tie them down, or fim them having 4 colas and tying them down? I've never grown a dominant indice before, I know there short already and I have a 4x4x7 tent so I can let them get tall. Please let me know what the best route is to go with, with these plants. Thank you very much.[/quote]

I would just top them mate. I like to grow White widow witch is mostly an indica, and I just top them at 12'' and let them grow for about a month trim the shitty stems off the bottom, and flower, last time got 28,5 off of 2 so didn't do too bad.

3. Now I'm still tryin to pin point the exact difference between fim and top, what makes the plant have fewer bigger stronnger stocks rather than a bunch of little ones?

4. And I have feminized seeds so I don't want to stress them at all, I hate hermies!

5. I say FIM them. FIM'ing will give you more main cola's, and individually they won't be smaller than if you topped. With topping you remove 100% of the new growth above the last node. With FIM'ing you remove 80% of that new growth, it literally stands for Fuck I Missed.

I can speak to this because i just did an experiment with 4 plants I have. I topped 2 and FIM'd the other 2. I didn't get one of the FIM's right so it only has 2 cola's but the other has 4. Growth has been the same between both methods but the one I FIM'd correctly is definitely going to provide a much better yield.

What I do is FIM or top then wait for them to recuperate from the shock for a few days to a week. Then I use LST and tied down the new tops to spread them out from each other.

Another method I have tried is Super Cropping. Works great but adds about a week to your grow because of the stress and damage it creates.

My 2 cents, hope it helps. :smoke:

edit for spell check