100 epic images from Hubble Space Telescope

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by GanstaSmoker, May 10, 2010.

1. Too bad it had to sit in orbit for 3 years before it could take any good pictures

2. The important thing is that it took them. :D

3. hah so beautiful makes me wanna cry

i can't believe its all real

4. yea man,the universe has many wonders,its just a matter of time to discover and explore them. :)

5. #6 SlushPuppie, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
    crazy shits nuts.

on macadamia level son

6. the 21st row, second colom one looks like two bongs lol. It is light blue and stands out from the rest quite a bit.

7. The colors aren't real, they're added after they have the picture. Most of the things imaged could never be seen by the human eye

8. The universe is the original trip man. :hippie: Thankfully we have things that let us see its creation.

9. i really am interested in what the edge of the universe looks like and if humanity will ever be able to go to the end of the universe and touch the wall. and then be able to go past the wall and see the outside of the universe.

it wouldnt happen but really whats out side of the ever expanding universe that allows it to keep growing? i mean there has to be something right, if nothing at all and what the universe is, is the creation of matter that fills the absolute nothing which is the outside.

like a box that keeps growing inside a room that has no other objects, just this growing box. but what is the function of that room?

10. [quote name='astro_righteous']i really am interested in what the edge of the universe looks like and if humanity will ever be able to go to the end of the universe and touch the wall. and then be able to go past the wall and see the outside of the universe.

it wouldnt happen but really whats out side of the ever expanding universe that allows it to keep growing? i mean there has to be something right, if nothing at all and what the universe is, is the creation of matter that fills the absolute nothing which is the outside.

like a box that keeps growing inside a room that has no other objects, just this growing box. but what is the function of that room?[/QUOTE]

What? Haha

11. a little over your head there?

yeah i didnt know how to say what i was meaning.

but really you cant enlarge an object with something blocking it from growing and if the universe is constantly growing, then there must be a larger expanse on the other side of the shockwave that keeps traveling outwards from the point of the big bang.

imagine blowing up a ballon. it starts small, but as you blow it up, it starts to expand because you are adding more air into it.

but then think of a glass box thats only 10 inches on each side. then you start blowing up this balloon inside that box. eventually the balloon will hit the sides of the box and the side will prevent it from getting any larger and soon you wont be able to fit any more air in that balloon.

well the balloon is like our universe. always expanding. but in order for it to keep getting larger, there has to be an expanse of space that has nothing that will prevent it from getting larger. like the walls of a big giant box that is unimaginably huge.

so what is in that expanse outside of this universe?

could it be some kind of matter that turns into what we know as starts and gasses when the big shockwave hits it and heats it up and it turn into all that stuff once its on this side of that shockwave? will we ever know? probably not in the next 1000 lifetimes. thats for the androids to find out and then come back in time and tell us.

12. #13 soapman, May 10, 2010
    I don't really know?? Since the universe is just made up of matter that collides with another making up atoms creating what we see stars, etc, you know...I would think that whatever is outside the universe would just be nothing. Or perhaps what's outside the universe is an epic battle of all the left over matter from the big bang still trying to figure out what it can create. Perhaps more stars, more planets...more life. With that knowledge alone you have the ability to create all new everything, if you could replicate a big bang...You've found the answer to life.

I think our massive universe is still so young we've yet to see anything at all. I imagine the real findings like you say will happen way past human life. It'll be like some Titan A.E. shit or somethin

Strange thought man...I mean if we could go that far, would we just be flying straight into nothing at all like literally nothing...or would we get caught in massive explosions that create more universe.

Great pics btw, thanks for sharing op those are some really cool images. Especially since I've been getting really into the universe lately.

13. #14 Northern.Lights, May 10, 2010
    i just got a brain-boner

and a new background

14. Sorry to burst the bubble but it's not real

that's not how the pictures look when they're sent from the telescope back to earth

colors of the gasses thaty you see etc. (the vibrant colors) are representations

the tele told me

15. Can someone remind me why we are letting NASA have to go to the private sector to continue space exploration... earth isn't going to last us forever :D

16. Because Obama thinks he knows what he is doing

17. what are you saying? he is letting NASA get access to secret info? or that whatever they do and find thusly becomes secret info?

thats kind fucked up. i mean that could mean a number of things. like they have made actual contact with aliens or something and they dont want the people to know cuz otherwise there will be some kinda panic or whatever.

18. huh? What's this secret info talk?

19. #20 soapman, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
    I'd be interested in seeing what secrets area 51 hold. For some reason or another our govt chooses to keep that place completely protected, I think it should be exposed, they are going to great lengths for something...what is it?

Bottomline is our country barely has enough money to stand on it's own two feet. And I'm pretty sure we borrow from other countries so we could do even that. How are we supposed to fund epic space exploration?? You could private sector that but finding sponsors could prove difficult.