100 Days of Sobriety, Failed Home Drug Test

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ScientificTokes, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Intro: I just wanted to contribute to the scientific stoner community, as well as anyone else interested, in a self case study on myself. I have a Master's Degree in Public Health Sciences and am currently in between jobs until I pass a drug test. Decided to begin at self-case study using mostly orthodox scientific methods in order to contribute to science and the community. I quit as soon as I was terminated from my last job (for very lame reasons, but it was a bad company, so no worries) and immediately quit smoking less than 24 hours later and sold the rest of my weed to my roommate. I decided to create an account after reading several stories (both successful and not) on passing at home UA's.

Background: mid-20s male, overweight with some muscle in arms and legs but not obese at 230lbs, smoked a gram to two grams average every day for over a year and a half. Before the year and a half to quitting, I quit for 60 days while I moved for new work (thinking I would be drug tested for said bad company that never happened). I had QuickFix on me ready to use just in case I was still failing (which I was) but never used it, went right back to smoking after 60 days of sobriety. I'd say the quality of the smoke was mid-grade to occasionally medical grade from Colorado stores. Before quitting a year and a half ago, I smoked large amounts daily. Two grams to an eighth for two years. I am exposed to some second hand smoke, but very minimum from my roommate. Not enough in my opinion to produce a false positive. I exercised vigorously for the first 30 days at a friend's warehouse during the summer at 100* temperatures in order to burn fat, lose weight and to make an extra quick buck while waiting. I quit his job thinking I'd be clean by day 70, which never happened, and regressed daily exercise rates to either sedentary to lightly active since then, taking a rehabilitative "vacation" one could say.

Somehow, at 100 days, I'm still failing my drug tests. I've done both methods of "dirty-dirty" morning voids as well as collecting the sample in between the beginning and end of the stream where it's hypothetically most clean as well as while I'm hydrated (clear urine) as well as dehydrated (yellow traditional urine). I cannot even produce a "faint" line indicating being close or just at the passing point.

Decided that after 100 days of sobriety I'd share my experience with updates until I pass my drug test for both personal and interpersonal reference with the community, as these posts have helped me as well. I'll retest myself about every ten days give or take and try to keep this post updated for reference. I've heard the recent record on here was a female in her mid forties @ 400lbs. that could not pass until 140 days of sobriety in order to receive medical treatment (which is messed up.) Unless I'm wrong about the record, please correct me. I should, hopefully, not take that long, but at this rate it might.

The instrument used for my tests are the simple Dollar Tree 98% accurate Assured THC Drug Tests. I've heard a lot of hearsay on this brand for reliability and that they're not accurate. This is simply not true after much research and study. I've taken the test at least seven times since 60 days of sobriety using the described above methods and have produced a positive on all tests minus the most recent dummy control test with warm tap water. Included in my post below is a photo of the most recent test with normal hydration levels (not too hydrated or dehydrated) along with a control sample of warm water at 97*F. Both tests were timed for five minutes before the photo was taken. I can provide some proof of text communications with timestamps to prove that I'm not bluffing if someone doubts me since already friends and family have questioned me on legitimately quitting. ("You sure you're not tokin in your sleep, bruh lol")

My current conclusion is that, from my personal self case study, that a combination of chronic habitual use along with the higher potency of cannabis these days vs. decades ago when these standard "days of sobriety to pass" rates were first established along with my fat levels in my torso area are what's keeping me from passing and making me break these records.

I cannot use QuickFix for this upcoming drug test because I've been informed from an insider that due to the increasing popularity of cannabis usage along with increasing popularity of substitution methods, that all testing is now directly monitored by lab staff at the request of this company for at least all incoming new hires. I'm not risking a career that pays 80k. Also, because Lab Testing is much more accurate than Home Testing, I will give myself at least two weeks of extra sobriety as a buffer to ensure that I cannot fail unless someone recommends longer.

I'm open to opinions and questions as well.

TLDR: breaking all sorts of records by failing at-home UA at 100+ days, will keep updating for those actually interested

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Great post and will be following you to find out the results! I've recently failed a drug test after being more than 90 days clean as well. I lost out on a great job because of it. I'm 160 lbs, work out and I was in shambles when I still failed. Probably smoked as much as you have so I don't understand it either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Just so you know a faint line does not indicate that you're close to being clean. Any shade of line means you're below the tests threshold which is typically 50ng/ml of the detectable metabolite. I give drug tests. I've seen people who have never smoked in their lives have a faint line.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Take a shot glass full in the morning and at night for 2 weeks. It worked well for me.

71er7fcMYYL._SY450_.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey guys, as promised, I'm giving an update on my progress through sobriety.

TLDR: at 119 days, I am now showing a faint line on my dollar store stick tests

I wanted to wait until 120 days, but I had a feeling that I was going to pass this time and decided to jump the gun. While not producing a solid line, there is now a faint almost invisible line on my test. This means sometime between 100-120 days, I started dropping below the industry standard 50ng/ml

While this does not necessarily say that I'll pass my lab drug test, this does mean that the chances are higher than at 100 days of sobriety and that people who smoked as frequently as I did at my status of overweight should consider at least three to four months of sobriety to confidently pass a urinalysis.

At this point, I'm debating on how much longer I should wait before contacting the employer and letting them know I'm ready for training and the lab test. I will probably contact the lab within the next couple of days to see if they operate at the 50ng/ml cutoff or at the less common 20ng/ml cutoff and, if anyone cares, I'll let you guys know if I got the job that will literally change my life for the better.

I wanna thank the users that gave their advice and support on here and through PMs.

In conclusion, I believe that due to the stronger potency of cannabis and easier access to these strains, that research done 10-20 years ago that established the known cutoff dates for detection are now null and void and that further research is needed now for drug tests.

Picture for proof provided below, I'm probably right near 50ng/ml

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Pretty sure thc bonds to fats so the more fat you have, the longer it stays in your system

Sent from my LG-M153 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  7. OP must be fat as a mother fucker!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Pretty fuckin insensitive dude.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Got em lmao

Sent from my LG-M153 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Many things bond to fat, it's how the body stores away toxins it cannot deal with as well as thc metabolites.

In theory, if a user is in a constant state of insulin resistance then the body may not enter ketosis for a sustained period. Then as the guy above says - im gonna get clean and get fit too. Bang, those metabolites coming out in the piss along with those ketones.

Just a theory based on what I know about the fat burning process.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm just crackin wise over how dude was sayin fat is causing him to hold onto THC metabolites and how he's failing tests months and months later. You really think I know if this guys fat or not? I dont believe he's failing tests all those months clean let alone if he is a whale or not.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It really doesn't matter what I think you may or may not know.

Always start from a position of respect, IMO.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  15. I'm sure the OP knows full well the difficulties they're having and why without anyone trying to be funny by pointing out the obvious to them.

Abject disrespect for others for no other reason than personal gratification is a sign of a weak and immature mind. The more you continue, the more obvious it becomes.

I prefer to live my life with integrity.

Impetuous incivility and antagonistic tactics have a way of catching up with people. Good luck with that...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lol if a prospective company wanted me to drug test with people WATCHING me I'd tell them to fuck off and find somebody else. Whether I was clean or not. It's for a fucking job, not your probation officer. Ridiculous and so invasive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Words can be sexy. These words made me hard.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Go on....

19. Here are some words I find sexy today:

transubstantiation
    prurient
    endocrine
    germline
    pointdexter

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. You magnificently sexy bastard....

• Funny Funny x 1