10 weeks from seed to harvest purple bud auto LED

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Amhai, Jul 16, 2018.

1. I've got 10 weeks before my holiday so I need to harvest these early. The very first grow that I did, I only kept a personal journal and it went fantastic! unfortunately I got over confident in my predicted yield and messed up by not changing the reservoir in the 2nd grow.

3rd grow was ok. I had to harvest early so I can get in 2 more seeds before my holidays. This grow should really take at least 90 days but it's only got 70 and I've found that those extra 20 days make a huge difference!

No matter, I have some and it feels so good to be high from your own supply. No dealers to 'deal' with, no one to tell tales and no paranoia every time there's a knock at the door. Just me and mine. All to myself.

It'd be nice to have some weed security of having a few ounces in reserve but so far, I've been having loads of fun and I plan on keeping to the grow plan when I return from holidays.

For now though, I have put two seeds in rootriots and they're just starting out. I managed to get a grid of wire from an old garden plastic greenhouse thing and installed that to the maximum height that I want the plants to go to so I am hopeful that they will reach that within 6 weeks (provided that they germinate first!)

I like keeping a journal, to keep a record and it's so good to tell someone (almost anonymously) about my grow because I really wanna tell people! not gonna though, you don't tell then nobody can tell on you. :)

2018-07-14 12.52.58.jpg

2. ooh, I see a seed!
    2018-07-18 06.11.37.jpg

3. I forgot how nerve wracking germination is! one seed has now showing it's first two leaves. The other one is still tucked up in the root riot.

2018-07-19 07.33.34.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. it's been almost a week since the first seed started to pop and the second seed hadn't done anything so I figured it was a bum deal and dug it out of the root riot. (I'm impatient)

It had a tiny tiny little root starting to exit the seed so I put it back in the root riot, I think I had put it in too deep before. Its now a little bit closer to the top, you can almost see it in the rootriot now.

I'd pretty much given up on the second seed so if it doesn't germinate properly, I guess I'll have to do with one.

Both seeds are in a warming propagator, I used one on my very first grow and it was very successful. I'll see how these do now.

No roots showing yet but I read somewhere that keeping them in a warming tray stops them from growing so quick. Meanwhile I've been soaking my rockwell cubes and changing their water until the Ph stabilises.

If I see some roots this week, I'll put the first seed in to a cube and still keep it in the warming tray for a bit more.

2018-07-24 08.15.05.jpg 2018-07-24 08.15.18.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. definitely lost seed 2, prolly from putting it too deep into the rootriot cube

the first seed is doing well in the warming tray with cover. I can't see any roots yet, I think just like the very first grow, the heating tray is keeping the seedling short while it gets its leaves.

2018-07-29 08.30.08.jpg

Gonna move to rockwell cube tomorrow regardless. I need to get it harvestable within 8 or 9 weeks but another week in the tray in the cube and then I'll move to the DWC pot

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have given up on seed 2. Just 1 seed to grow my grow this time. I learned that too deep in the hole is no good for rootriots!

I've moved to a DWC pot now but I forgot to transfer to a rockwell cube, I think it'll be fine because there's plenty of pebbles to help support it when the roots make their way through to the reservoir.

I've put the pot in the middle of the tent and raised the light which was on the SCROG mesh while the seed developed a bit in the warming tray

I've decided to go with a 400 ppm initial reservoir the same as my very first grow and I'm wetting the pot twice a day with reservoir water.

No roots out yet but it's just been moved to the pot. I think they'll reach out of the rootriot, through the pebbles and hit the water by next week

2018-07-30 23.44.47.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. and at last a root shoots out of the basket!

450-500 ppm
    5.9ph

I know it's a little high ppm compared to last time but the very first grow started at 500 and that was a great success so I'm trying it here again.

The plant looks very healthy, I've been pouring reservoir water over the root riot and it seems to be ok so far and not missing the rockwell cube.

2018-08-09 08.05.59.jpg 2018-08-09 08.06.09.jpg 2018-08-08 23.39.54.jpg

8. the plant had a stunted growth which I think is because I kept it too long in the propagator and with the door of the tent open

I can't wait to try another seed when I get back from holidays!

2018-08-23 08.54.11.jpg 2018-08-19 13.25.43.jpg 2018-08-22 08.58.35.jpg 2018-08-22 08.58.53.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk