10 Things That Should Be Standard to Every Console Game

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by psychoperson25, Jan 21, 2010.

1. I saw that other thread that was focused on the computer games so I figured I would make a list of things that need to be in every console game.

This is not necessarily in order of importance I believe all of these things need to be in games at an equal level.

1. 10 Hour or more single player Campaign
    -It is an absolutely depressing thing in recent games that is lazy leaving their single player campaigns at 5 hours or less (Halo ODST, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 plus many more)
    -The quality of the campaigns should not be diminished because of this.

2. A Co-Op Mode
    -In the day and age of online gaming co-operative mode has become essential, there is not many things more fun than kicking some alien's asses on Halo 3 with three other pals.

3. 4 Player Splitscreen
    -This is something that is absent from most every game nowadays the fact that I can't do Nazi Zombies, Left 4 Dead, Halo 3 co-op with four friends offline is just plain disappointing.
    -Can you name a recent game that uses 4 player splitscreen?

4. Bring Guests Into Online Matches
    -If this isn't in a game there is something wrong, games like Call of Duty don't allow you to have guests online and this discourages me from playing games like that when I'm chilling with friends enjoying a toke.

5. Versus Mode
    -Just recently this has become something a game can't be without. I think that even single player oriented games need some sort of Multiplayer imagine one on one deathmatches in Assassin's Creed.

6. The Ability to Customize Characters for Online Play or single player i.e Mass Effect
    -I feel the ability to customize characters is something that shows up in a lot of games but I feel it needs to be in every multiplayer game. I don't want to see the same generic guys running around.
    -It can be simple and still be in it (GTA4, Halo 3, Rainbow Six)

7. Downloadable Content and Updates
    -I want to be able to play new things and most people I know take advantage of the continued support of their favorite games.
    -This is no excuse to leave bugs and glitches in the game(in excess) however! It is unfair to the buyer if a product is released on the market too early and they wait a month to fix its errors.

8. A Feasible Story
    -The story in the game should at least be decent at best. With games like Bioshock the story should not be lazy and uninspired.
    -I feel good voice work kind of fits in here.

9. Innovative Game Modes That Are Unique to the Game
    -As good a staple as team deathmatches are there needs to be more interesting game types that aren't simply small variations to capture the flag, king of the hill, and team deathmatch.
    -Left 4 Dead 2 had a good example with Scavenge, the Halo's with Infection, Juggernaut, and Oddball.

10. Unlockable Content Characters, Maps, Live Content, etc.
    -Reward me for doing stuff in games, Trophy's and Achievements are great and all but I would like unlockable content.
    -Nintendo does this best out of any console they tend to reward the player.
    -Whatever happened to unlockable stages seems like a thing of the past, as well as characters.
    -By content I'm speaking of things like Avatar Rewards, maybe some points you could spend on content, or discounts on live content seems to me this is something they should do more.

So I hope you enjoyed this list and I was curious what do you guys believe need to be standard on any video game. What on the list do you agree with? Is there anything on the list you disagree with? Or anything you think is more important than an item on the list?

2. I completely agree with this for shooters or action games. I think that if they did all that though our games would cost 90 dollars instead of 60. So they should keep the price the same too.

3. Pricing it at 60 doesn't seem ridiculous for the content I am asking for.

4. It was kind of a joke actually...cause you get what you get for 60 so any more they would charge more...yeah

5. Oh okay I didn't catch that

It wouldn't surprise me if they did.

6. every thing you mentioned is key!

i was thinking about most of these my self.

i think unlockables are a lot of fun

happy 4:20!!!!! lol

7. Here's a feature that would win stoners over. If they had a feature that no matter what game you are playing when its five til 420 it flashes that on the screen.:smoking:

I am really high

8. If you turned this thread into 10 Things That Should Be Standard to Every FPS Console Game, I'd have your back.

9. I feel a lot of other games can use most of what's there. There are some that don't quite apply to some.