Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

10 signs of Addiction

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GanjaFarmer06, Jul 15, 2012.

1. I was searching the web and came across these 10 signs of marijuana addiction

1. Marijuana tolerance and withdrawal: Just like any drug, regular use of marijuana leads to the development of a tolerance for it. This means that you need more and more of the drug in order to achieve the same high. If you need more and more of the drug to get high, and you begin experiencing withdrawal symptoms such as loss of appetite, irritability, insomnia or anxiety, you could be physically addicted to marijuana.

2. Using more marijuana than intended: If you start out thinking, “I'm just going to take a couple hits,” but end up smoking the whole joint - and this happens regularly - then you may be addicted to marijuana.

3. Unable to cut down or stop marijuana use: If you try to stop smoking marijuana, but you just can't or find yourself justifying why it's all right to get high when you're trying to quit, then you're likely addicted.

4. Lots of time spent getting high: If you take an objective look at how you spend your time and see that the bulk of it is spent either getting high, waiting to get high, or looking for marijuana so that you can get high, then you're probably psychologically addicted to the drug.

5. Reduced activities: If your schedule has slowly been depleted of all physical or recreational activities and replaced with hanging out and getting high, then you could be addicted to marijuana.

6. Continuing to get high despite the problems it causes: For example, if you have been warned that you will be fired if you are late to work or show up high again yet you to continue to smoke marijuana before heading into work, then you are exhibiting behavior that is akin to self-sabotage. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, that is a sign of addiction.
    7. Using marijuana to escape from problems: If you feel like the only way you can handle bad grades, problems at work, and relationship issues is to get high, then you may be addicted to marijuana.

8. Depending on marijuana to be creative or to relax or enjoy yourself: If you need to get high before you feel comfortable being creative or before you can truly relax, then you may be addicted to marijuana. In fact, according to the Office of National Drug Control Policy, marijuana does not contribute to mellow demeanors. In their study, regular users were more likely to participate in violent actions.

9. Choosing relationships and activities based on whether or not you will be able to get high: If you decide which events to attend and whom to hang out with based on whether or not you can use marijuana and get high, then you are likely addicted to marijuana.

10. An inability to attend to daily responsibilities: If you have important responsibilities in you daily life but begin to consistently fail to see them through because your mind is on getting high, it might be a motivation problem or it could just as easily mean you have an psychological addiction to THC.

Ok guys i am just curious what you think of this. I was reading it and i find myself thinking and doing alot of these things.

I still think I have my priorities in check and i am responsible with work.

2. Some of this I can relate to, depending and choosing what to do based on weed. After I had probation off a year of constant smoking I had intense withdrawals including insomnia, no hunger, just pain throughout the body.

3. lmfao

4. i think people can get dependent on a lot of different things. I just like to relax and reduce the stress after a long day at work.

Its hard to agree with it all but its an interesting read

i agree with you blaze and most of the same thoughts went through my head. I always finish a jay, no men left behind.

5. Just stopppp

6. Are you being a douche or just trying to prove him wrong? Both? I can't tell.

7. I've been having a REALLY bad sense of appetite lately. I've only taken two bites from a slice of pizza. I find myself force feeding myself most days. I can usually eat after smoking a few bowls though.

If I'm getting addicted I want to stop, but in such hectic times of life, how will I wind down after a stressful day? :p

8. I am not trying to say we are all addicted to marijuana. Its interesting to see what is considered by many to be an unhealthy addiction to something.

9. When you do it when you wake up (before work), **not during work, you don't want to jeapordize your addiction** , when you get home, after everytime you eat and before you go to sleep.

10. It would be different if it were legal, it would become like coffee. People wouldnt obsess over it if it were readily available.

11. You can become addicted to anything. /thread

12. This/10

13. Why would i care if i was 'addicted' to weed? Fucking good, i'm glad, that means i won't ever stop using it, and i never intend to.

14. #3 is probably the most accurate one. #8 is kinda BS.

15. Huh... Good read and I feel like a lot of that is true. Some are bs but I've had a lot of those happen to me. That's when I start to cut back.

16. This.

Just dont overdue it. Theres a limit. If you sit around and bake all day then you'll get dependent on it. I think everyone has been through this. Let your mind control and have power over it. Dont let weed control YOU.

17. Guess I'm addicted to the deadly marijuana plant!!

18. There's nothing wrong with being secluded and looking forward to having a toke by yourself with maybe your mp3 or watching your favorite show.

19. Am I addicted? Yes. I fit every single one of those really. Do I care? No, not really. Its not like its actually a problem. Addiction is only a bad thing if it ruins your life/health. Marijuana isn't that bad at all. And being addicted to it is only seen as a bad thing to most because its illegal in the U.S. and everyone here was taught through their whole adolescence to dislike it and stay away from it and to think its a bad thing.

20. That's the same as me - kind of scary eh?