10 gal tote vs 5 gal bucket

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by h3adtr9p, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Im a beginner going to use dwc with a 450 led. My question is would there be any difference in using a 10 gal Rubbermaid tote vs using a 5 gal bucket? Curious because of depth didn’t know if this would change anything.

2. It will take plenty of time to fill up a 10 gal, these would be perfect for outdoor grows. But if you go indoor, that would be kinda useless according to me since you wont have much space and even if you think about growing a plant that will use a 10 gal pot, your 450w LED wont make it happen. I would definitely pick a 5gal pot and perhaps grow more plants, but smaller ones that would fit for a 450w led grow. (your LED is probably not even a 450w since you have to look at power consumption, it is more likely to be a 220w)

EDIT : Nevermind, dont pay attention to my comment, i don't really know anything about DWC, i thought you were going to use Soil

3. Yeah I’m doing DWC I’m asking before I cut a hole in the top.

4. I guess your answer would depend on vegs times and expected root growth obviously bigger container will require more water so what you have to dump to waste will be more when you change res. Also youll prob need to use more nutes over time due to heavy dilution.

5. actually his light is sufficient to grow 1 to2 plants depending on grow space and plant size. i have a 300 watt mars hydro with 3 additional daylight leds and my grow is going great. to the original poster, ur choice in pot size depends on how big you want your plant to get, bigger pot means bigger plant, grow space , veg time is longer and maybe another light. good luck