10 gal fabric pot SIP organic UK grow

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by srfr, Oct 11, 2022.

1. How good. The easier the better! Makes it more enjoyable when there’s less work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. @Whoisscottgreen whats your growing style and what have you got going? Apologies if you’ve told me before lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. I have a very similar growing style to you. I’ve got a mephisto forgotten cookies going now which was pretty stunted in veg from not enough seed starter, I lost the top to budrot yesterday too . I’m going to put more effort into my next grow. You’ve given me some good inspiration. 17CEA0CA-2D4D-4997-842D-C6CE64729F19.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Such a shame about the rot! Gutting. I try and follow a good VPD. There’s a great resource here where you can input your temps an humidity: VPD Chart
    I couldn’t get by without my heat mat humidifier and dehumidifier!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Great, I will be using this from now on. Thankyou! I have my tent in a very drafty garage so my next goal is to improve that so I can control the environment better. Maybe a bigger tent or seal up the garage.

• Like Like x 2
  6. From what I’ve learnt, the environment is super important. I like to keep the root zone at 24° C with a soil thermostat. Ideally I’d like to keep the air temperature at 25 to 26° C, but that’s tricky. Then VPD should follow that. My tent is in a closet just enough room to stand inside with the door shut. I’ve got insulation under the tent too, to help keep the temperature stable. I bet you’re draughty garage has a cold concrete slab?
    I’ve seen somewhere on here, someone built a polystyrene box room around their tent, which helped with everything.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Yep concrete slab. I have thought about building an insulated grow room at the back of it. Maybe that will be the ticket

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Having the tent inside a closed space is actually really handy for me. The extractor causes negative pressure in the closet keeping smells in. It pulls air in under the door and through the ceiling where I’ve got some holes cut but the dehumidifier sits in this space too. It’s pulling air OUT of the tent into the closet space but that air is also pulled back into the tent through the open lower tent vents. The dehumidifier adds much needed heat (cold here in UK now). This has taken a lot of trial and error as I’ve mentioned before but finally this seems to be working for me. I’ve also got to oscillating fans running up high but also a tiny little one pushing air from under the canopy up the side of the tent to help keep the temperatures and humidity even above and below the canopy. I have a speed controller on the extractor so I can adjust based on temp. In the summer it’s running at 100% but now it’s about 50%. This space is in constant evolution but I’m getting there! I hope this isn’t too confusing, and I hope it helps.
    upload_2022-11-22_11-17-21.jpeg
    (I leave the tent open just enough to allow the air to get pulled out to recirculate.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. I’m not claiming to be an expert.
    All trial and error and standing on the shoulders of others!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Th
    That’s really helpful thanks @srfr

• Like Like x 3
  11. They call that a “lung room”. The way your doing your closet is right on the money!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
  12. Are you running 24/0 light cycle?
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
  13. #113 srfr, Nov 23, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    Yes I am. And it is something that occurred to me, would they benefit from a short dark cycle…. My problem with that is that I’ll lose the heat generated by the LED. It’s only consuming 100w but still providing warmth. What are you thinking OS?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just thinking 24/0 would keep em warmer, but you’re already doing that, so don’t change. I don’t think they need dark, I run 24/0. It helps keep my winter temps stable. I’ve also always thought that with Meph strains, they grow and breed under 24/0. So I stand a better chance of growing my plants like the ones they are working with by using similar conditions.
    I also wanted to say, don’t worry about the purple stems. Some just do that and they all turn out spectacular.
    Cheers
    Os

15. #115 srfr, Nov 23, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    Glad to hear we are in the same page. That’s what I’m gunning for Organic Sensei lol Thanks for following along and offering help and support. I really couldn’t ask for more. It’s tricky to openly talk in a prohibition country so your assistance is a godsend. I literally don’t know another grower in the flesh!
    I generally get purple stems in my cool season grows. The cooler temps do bring some nice colours. Every cloud has a silver lining! I once grew an auto blackberry kush outside in my garden that finished in a cold late September. (Dutch Passion) - the tastiest strain I’ve ever grown! I only got about 50g off it but it was the most beautiful thing. The plant was dark green to purple to almost black. Of course it’s the genetics but the cold temps really made it pop. I must buy another lot of those seeds! Too many seeds already!!!!
    My desire to reduce the hours down from 24 a little was to give the top cola a chance to recover from the light damage it suffered. I’m bending that main stem away from the light now so I think that’s helping.
    Cheers,
    Srfr
    PS: My plants seem to LOVE a defol! They certainly don’t seem to miss a beat. I guess some plants will react differently but I took a few handfuls of leaves off both yesterday and the growth today is visible.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Regarding defol. In the end, the bud quality will be so much better…you’ll see and you’ll like it.
    I know all too well the challenges of growing in cool environments (I garden in Alaska). We all just have to do the best we can. I do have a thought or two about temp drops and autos. Toward the end of a grow, I think a cool period each day probably helps the plant finish more evenly top to bottom, and probably helps discourage foxtailing, crowning, and unwanted new growth. If I could pull it off, I would shoot for the last 10 or so days and a temp drop of 10’ F.
    Cheers
    Os

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. I might up the wattage a little at the end but give them an hour of dark. Worth a try!
    And as if by magic, Dutch Passion has a Black Friday 30% off deal running.
    I'm weak, I ordered 3 Auto Blackberry Kush seeds that I don't need LOL
    Auto Blackberry Kush® - Autoflower Cannabis Seeds | Dutch Passion UK

• Like Like x 2
  18. Check out the Blacklight CBD, she’s loving her defol:
    upload_2022-11-23_17-55-37.jpeg

SODK filling in too:
    upload_2022-11-23_17-57-0.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. I still haven’t tried any Blackberry strains, but I have wanted to try some for years. I’m weak too. When I see a strain come along that looks good, I just can’t resist grabbing one. Doesn’t matter how many I have in the cue already. I do love mixing it up though. My goal is to always run 18 different strains, that I’ve never run before, each year. Three crops of six plants. Sometimes though, I will run an old favorite from the past.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2