10 gal fabric pot SIP organic UK grow

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by srfr, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Thanks for this useful explanation.
    I've straightened up the LED bar and reduced it to 100w. I've also put a plant pot under my smaller plant to match the taller one better. My temps do drop a little overnight so I'll see how it looks in a day or two.
    Should I expect the leaf tips to return to darker green when she picks up? They are not burned, just yellowing at the very tips.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. They usually return to normal if things are dialed back enough. When the same thing happens at the end of the grow, they tend to stay that way. I will have plants finishing with a touch of that here and there this round. It’s pretty normal toward the end.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok, good to know.
    Yes, I’ve definitely experienced that at the end of a grow. I guess by then I don’t mind torturing them lol

• Like Like x 3
  4. Things are growing well in my tent but the slight yellowing on the leaf tips is persisting, more so on my SODK. I don't think it's a huge problem but I'm keeping the watering pretty simple and leaving the light at the top of the tent at 100w. Temps and Humidity are pretty stable at 24ºC, 60% which is the sweet spot for me right now.
    SODK day 51:
    IMG_2924.jpg

She is growing very fast now with the branches stretching and the bud sites appearing everywhere. Even the sub-branches are looking pretty good. My brain wants to hit her with more light but I'm holding back lol. I think she will be a good yielder:
    IMG_2927.jpg

The Blacklight CBD (day 46) is bushy as hell and just starting to stretch. I hope the stretch is explosive as there are a lot of branches lurking amongst that thick canopy. I've taken quite a few sun leaves from both plants but I don't want to take too much from this one as the sub-branches are all still very short. It makes sense to me to keep the leaves that are at the same branch node as them (if that's what it's called). I'm running with Since's logic on leaves/branch intersections here, taking what I can but leaving (no pun intended lol) the solar panels on the short branches. I'm keen to defoliate her more but want to wait a few more days:
    IMG_2922.jpg

Still getting a tiny bit of yellowing on the tips but nothing bad. In past times (bottled nutes) I'd have been happy with this:
    IMG_2923.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Things are looking good! Keep up the good work.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
  6. Yesterday I did a pretty good defoliation of both plants. I took most sun leaves that already had branches established above them with access to direct light. I took more than I meant to but looking at them today I don't think they missed a beat. SODK is still exploding with bud sites.
    The Blacklight CBD seems to have hit the accelerator! The tops that were shaded by the very heavy canopy have had a date of the light and are shooting towards it now:
    IMG_2939.jpg

I top-dressed both plants today with EWC and MPB and watered in with blended aloe/kelp. The yellow tips have pretty much gone on the CBD plant.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looking good.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
  8. IMG_2940.jpg
    My SODK at day 53.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yeah, I got a bit carried away with the defol but I definitely could have taken more. I've heard people say not to defol during flower but it seems like the Blacklight CBD immediately responded positively. Probably perfect timing as those branches are ready to stretch. The SODK has done her stretch so not so obvious but there's more light getting to the lowers now for sure.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I don’t think either of those look like you did too much. I think your right on track.
    It takes just doing, but over time you will notice how the plants react to what you do. “If I do this right now, the plant will…” That’s when things really start to shape up into what you want. Every strain is different so it never gets old, and you never stop learning.
    The other thing that goes hand in hand with this, is removing lower bud sites or even branches. This focuses more energy to the rest of the plant. Nobody likes doing this in the beginning, and I’m more guilty than anyone of that. It does up the quality of the rest of the plant, but that’s really another topic. The reason I mention removing bud sites is when first learning defol, it’s real easy to want to remove leaves that are blocking a bud site, when really the best answer is to just remove that bud site cause it will be a tiny low quality bud. I often say that those lower or inner bud sites “distract me”.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yeah, I appreciate that. I’ve been taking the really small ones and most of the spindley little ones. The ones that make it through to the canopy, I’m giving them a chance to see what they produce.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Right on!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
  13. I want a bigger tent but I’d need a bigger house!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Just a quick update. Gave both a quick tea (blended not bubbled, assuming this works ok) of aloe/kelp/alfalfa. First dose of alfalfa tea they have had. I’ve had to pull the centre of the SODK away from the light as the leaves were bleaching. She’s starting to fill in now (day 57):
    upload_2022-11-21_9-34-55.jpeg

Nice to see the Backlight CBD (day 52) coming along nicely too:
    upload_2022-11-21_9-36-49.jpeg

SODK is quoted as a 70-80 day plant. Blacklight CBD is a 60-70 day plant. I can’t see either being done in that time period. I’m assuming the bigger 10 gal fabric pots are the cause. It’s good for me as I’m hoping for a good yield to get me through the new year. My jars almost depleted!

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. I always go longer than the prescribed finish times for all strains. The only exception would be if I grew a “runt” (real small plant). The runts will usually finish in the prescribed times. Generally speaking with Meph plants, 1/4 lb or so plants usually finish around 77 days, and bigger plants like 1/2 lb tend to go 84 days or a little more.
    Cheers
    Os

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I looked back at the SODK I grew last winter. Mine was a little to mid sized plant. She was 32” tall, yielded 120 g, and finished in 81 days. I’m sure I have pics here and in my gallery. She finished 2/8/22, so there should be harvest pics right around that time.
    Cheers
    Os

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Found them. 10th Feb. I bet she was a stinker! I’ll measure mine today but she’s probably similar. Mine has grown a bit differently I think with the lowers fighting each other for light due to the limited pace of a 2x4 tent. Essentially she has a 2 foot square to grow in. She’s almost lollypoped below at this stage with some of the branches almost competing with the meristem. Not a bad thing. I’m doing regular-ish defoliation on both plants and they are both responding well to it and it’s definitely helping the lowers get light. I’ll probably pull them out today for a clean up.
    My only issue now is temps have dropped here. Even with a heat mat, tube heater and dehumidifier all runnng, temps are getting low over night and I’m seeing some purple stems all of a sudden. Temps 78°f (25.5°c) in the day and down to 69°f (20.5°c) at night. I don’t think it’s slowing them too much as the root zone stays at 24°c/75°f but hopefully air temp doesn’t get lower in there.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mine is 42” already at day 58. Still a way to go too. Here she is from above before I did another defoliation just now:
    upload_2022-11-22_9-23-6.jpeg

You can see what I assume to be bleaching/light burn on the meristem as it as only 6” from my light (set at 100w still):
    upload_2022-11-22_9-24-59.jpeg

I’m bending that way to the side now so that should help. I’m hoping she’ll be more tolerant to it as she gets later into flower. I’m wondering if a topped plant would be happier in my cramped setup. Or perhaps I should have used a little LST on that main stem to direct it away from the light. Live and learn. I took a fair bit off, not that I can tell by looking at the plant.
    After the defol she’s naked for the fist 9 inches or so where the light wasn’t efficiently penetrating. I took more sun leaves from above too to help what’s left below.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Looking really nice, well done!
    Has this been a water-only grow as you said in your first post?

20. Thanks @Whoisscottgreen
    Yes, apart from aloe kelp and alfalfa “teas”. (I’m not bubbling as I said, just blending and dumping it all in). I’m also using a weekly application of Fish Brew “plant probiotic” that I picked up when I was in USA earlier in the year. I’m still doing the weekly top dress of MBP with EWC too. It’s all pretty easy tbh.