10 days flowering.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by josh776, Dec 8, 2010.

1. This is my first time. I have two plants in a 3x5 area under a 400 watt hps. Door stays open with a fan on when the light is on to keep from getting too hot. Right now im using Schultz 10-15-10 plant food. Just wondering if I should be using anything else or any suggestions. I've heard people watering with sugar water ?? Or putting molasses in the water ?? Anything helps let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. your progress looks nice for 10 days along. the first grow is always very exciting! i've heard of many people putting molasses in the water during bloom and there are many such products on the market that include molasses type sweeteners. i don't know if they perform any better, but from what i've read on these forums molasses can certainly be beneficial in the long run. best of luck and welcome to the growing community!

3. You should switch to a bloom/flowering nutrient...Something with a lower N. One of the ways the plants are triggered into flowering is the lowering of the N, and the raising of the P (along with lights). As with all nutes, start small and work your way up to higher concentration. The plant food you have is an all-purpose plant food...get something made for marijuana and for the flowering stage.

As for molasses, it works very well in bulking up and adding weight to the buds. One of the ways it works, besides being a carb source, is it acts as an agent to allow better nutrient transfer. Whether this is some chemical reaction, or if it just feeds the bacteria in the soil and they make a better plant food...I am not sure.

At the beginning of flowering, I usually start with 1-2 tsp/gal....and by the end of flowering I'm adding 1-2 tbs/gal. One jar of Grandma's Molasses usually lasts a whole flowering cycle...the jar with the yellow label...you can get it at Safeway.