10 day old seedling looks sick?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bubbleguy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. How often do you water? I'm a beginner myself but its drooping like its over watered. I could be wrong though..

Also how much perlite do you have in there? What ratio of perlite to soil.

2. They look good other then the fact it looks like u have already given then nutrients or the soil u r using is to high in nutrients for such a small seedling .what type of light u plan on using for this grow ?

3. #4 bubbleguy, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
    I am using t5 for veg.
    For Flower I will use a 600hps.
    the soil I got from job lot.its called soilite,its basically peet and perlite..No nutrients in this potting mix
    I water them tap water...when it is dry.
    No nutes and havent checked PH in water or soil.

4. I have grown three dwc grows with great success .this is my first soil grow...
    I should have got fox farm for the seedlings instead of this crap..
    I did buy some and its ready for transplant ,but i would like to get them taller n healthy
    before i do transplant into the fox farm happy frog with added perlite...

5. Okay that explains it . U gotta get some soil with a good NPK scale I always get something that is a bit more N then P K as the new growth during veggie needs more N the P and K .

You should look into understanding how NPK works on weed plants so u can know when ur plants need more then the other in nutrients .

And PH doesn't matter for soil growers unless u got bad or hard water where u live then I'd just look into a basic water filter .

6. #7 bubbleguy, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
    Should I transplant it?or add nutes???????????????

7. Transplant very careful into some soil that has descent NPK nutrients . Don't add liquid nutrients until there is at least 4 nodes on the plant .

8. I might sound really stupid but,
    do i need water the soil before I transplant ?

9. #11 bubbleguy, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    transplanted all three into 5 gallon buckets. with fox farm happy frog potting soil and watered with ph water .how long before
    i know if i killed them or not….
    [​IMG]

10. Way too young for such a big transplant. It looked fine before honestly. The first few weeks are mainly root growth so the top growth won't seem like its doing much. I like to transplant 3 times in the plants life cycle, I found that the plants really enjoy it. But we learn from our mistakes even tho a wise man learns from the mistakes of others. Take advantage of this website, it helps wonders.

11. Cool of suggest just leave them alone now for a few days and don't water again until the top of the soil is a bit dry (4-5 days at least since they r still so small u don't want to overwater) and I think ull be okay . Keep us posted on the progress .
    Good luck

12. And I'm with him , them pots r way to big for such a small plants but just be careful when watering (water gently and never to much as there isn't roots yet all the way at the bottom to soak up the water)
    But I usually grow where I throw meaning I never transplant stays in the 3gal pot from start to finish .
    Everybody has their own ways of growing as u learn more u will have ur own style soon also

13. You said he needs something with no nutrients. He told you he wasn't using any and you said he needed some. Im really confused. If he's done 3 dwc grows I'm certain he knows what NPK is. Ph does matter for soil growers too you just don't need to be as precise as hydro. You want around 6.8 ph in soil.

14. Those are to young for ffhf you'll probably burn them. You should have just gave it another week or so. They will probably play out fine, just a rough start which can affect your end result in certain circumstances. You should have listened to that dude the first time he commented and said you need no nutrients he was right then.

15. Plain soil with no nutrients will kill a newly sprouted plant within days and PH doesn't matter unless u r using bad water as its soil not water u r growing in. Research the forum further and read up more . Feel free also to verify this with advanced growers .

16. You don't give a plant nutrients for at least 2 weeks i go 3 though. All the nutrients it needs for those first few weeks are in the cotyledons, thats why they usually die and fall off. Im not gonna argue about it though, if thats how you do things then so be it.

17. Not an argument we r all here to learn from one another and I think there is a misunderstanding ,

yea u r right about giving liquid nutrients that should not be added until the 3rd week of growth .
    But if u get soil that has no nutrients example soil from a parking lot plain dirt then ur plant will die within days as the embryo only has enough to let it sprout.

• Creative Creative x 1