10 day old seedling growth problems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Chopped Twinkie, Oct 18, 2012.

1. -What type of medium; soil or hydro? soil
    -What brand and type of soil? MG potting soil
    -Indoors or outdoors? indoors
    -What strain? Mids bagseed
    -How old are the plants? 10 days old
    -What type of lights and how many watts? 4 x 23w CFL 5000K
    -How far from the lights? about 1.5" - 3"
    -What is your watering frequency and source of water? Once every 3-4 days, with a spray bottle. I use Brita filtered water
    -What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? haven't fed any nutes yet
    -What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    -What are the temps and humidity in the room? 76, humidity is low
    -What size pots? red solo cup
    -Any bugs? Look real close. no

-Any other pertinent info? My seedling is 10 days old and is about an inch tall (pic: http://i.imgur.com/E11Dk.jpg )

The first set of true leaves are curling down and canoeing a little. They also have slightly yellowing tips. What is causing this? Also, shouldn't it be larger at 10 days?

2. If you're watering with a spray bottle you may want to actually do more than damp the soil top. Get your medium wet throughout then let dry completely. It is small for 10 days but it could be due to other issues as well.

I see a jiffy pellet. What kind of medium are you using?
    Temps?
    Ph level of water/soil?

3. Nvm I see mg soil. Could potentially be too hot for the seedling. It's too early for a flush but you should definitely transplant from the solo cup into a slightly larger pot with better quality soil.
    Preferably soil without nutrients and lots of perlite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Your 10 day old plant has early nute poisoning ..if possible remove to a more dilute mix, 50/50 seedling mix and general cheap potting mix, water well, allow to recover, no food for 4 weeks or until you see an improvement.
    Consider changing 2 of your CFL's to the red band 2700 kelvins, it will give a much more balanced look to your plant.

peace
    "V"

5. Thanks everyone! These seeds are my "practice" seeds. I'm waiting for a small shipment from nirvana which will be my for cereal grow. that's why I have gone with cheap soil for now. I plan on looking for some Fox Farms ocean forest. I hear that stuff is pretty solid. If I can't find that I will get some basic potting soil and do 50/50 perlite and potting soil. Then I'll add nutes myself. But I will definitely get a couple 2700K CFL's :) she's gotten a little bit bigger, but is still pretty dark green which I am attributing to having so much white spectrum light.

6. Soil is too hot.