Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

1 yr old weed still good?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Xxyz123123, Oct 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. image.jpg Hey guys this has been in a jar for around one year in the dark occasionally opened jar when needed. Do u think its still good?

I broke the big bud apart in the two other pics

Attached Files:

2. It won't taste as good (terpenes have evaporated) and may be a bit harsh (it's dried out), but the THC content should be fine!

The stability of cannabis and its preparations on storage. (abst – 1976) The stability of cannabis and its preparations on storage. - PubMed - NCBI

“It is concluded that carefully prepared herbal or resin cannabis or extracts are reasonably stable for 1 to 2 years if stored in the dark at room temperature.”

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  3. So I shouldn’t worry about mold?

4. There looks like no mold there.
    I found an old jar that was air tight, but missing for over a year. Very mellow and tasty.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm first in line

if too dry mix with some fresh weed

good luck

ps typical!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I still smoke weed I bought not April this year but the April before that. It's in a mason jar in a cool dark place and it still tastes and smells like it did (pretty good), it's not too dry or harsh or anything. It's perfectly decent still. As long as you store bud properly and it doesn't get too dry or too wet it can last pretty much as long as you'd want it to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Okay awesome news then! Thanks guys

8. send it to me and I'll test it for ya

9. God Help me... I ran outta weed about a year ago

but found some under the water heater

in the gas closet about 8 years old

the first time ever I was so glad to toke some weed

I didn't mind the rat urine flavor

so locked the cat in their over night

who didn't want out in the morning

..very suspicious indeed?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. As long as it's properly stored (this looks fine) you should be good to go with very little if any loss of potency. I've had some OG Kush that was 2.5 + years old and that was still tasty and very potent with very little if any loss of quality.