1 week old (pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by maxitwist, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Okay here are the pics, it been 6 days since they sprouted and i put them under light.

As you may notice theres a fair bit of phototropism going on because of my setup, is this bad for it? I never really though it was until i saw one of them was getting so horizontal it couldnt stand up.

Also im not sure about the water cycle, for the first few days i was giving the a little bit every day, i didnt water them for two days than and i took these pictures, and look how bone dry that soil looks.!
    it is quite warm in that little blackout grow box i got though, maybe thats the problem.

Attached Files:

2. Lighting? Ventilation?
    Phototropism- The orientation of a plant or other organism in response to light, either toward the source of light (positive phototropism) or away from it (negative phototropism)

3. thank you for explaining a word i just used.

4. I'm tryin to help you out here.....
    Those babies look real unhealthy....
    You should water once in the morning and once before bed everyday.
    Whats the amount of wattage and what kind of lights are you using

5. the only source of ventilation is when i open the box to water them, ill generally leave the box off if im in the house though

Attached Files:

6. 125watt cfl. How much water, a flush twice a day?

also ive got no nutes yet - thought it was too early?

7. #7 BYOweed, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    Watering: Twice a day. You don't need to flush them until a week before you harvest unless you nute burn.

Nutrients/Fertilizers: Wait until they are about two weeks old or more to start giving them nutes (foxfarm or jacks classic works best)

Lighting: If i see correctly your growing 2 babies. The CFL general rule of greenthumb is 100 *actual* watts for one plant, and add 50 watts for each extra plant. More is always better though.

Ventilation: Your going to need a better ventilation system, or even a fan... Your babies need fresh air. They could be toppling over due to this issue. Ventilation helps the plants process of developing a strong healthy stem and strong healthy branches possible.

8. Also they are stretching another sign of a light deficiency. I'd get another bulb like you have now and make sure their about 2-4 inches away from each plant. Also, keep track of your temperature. If you have any extra questions just PM me. :wave:

9. ive got another 25w 27k.. I could buy another 43w 65k if i really need to?

10. and how much water?

11. Use the extra one you have now the 25 w and i recommend buying that 43 watt as well. More light the better just keep your mind on heat. (If the leaves begin to stick upwards and in, it's a sign of too much heat. I couldn't really tell you the exact amount of water to use... but it should be very damp around the plant. Over watering occurs more often when people water more times rather than too much at once. As long as your pots have drainage holes you don't have to worry too much. But for newborns your objective is to keep the soil always at least moist while only watering about twice a day.