1 week into harvest flush, just found loads of clear trichomes, what do I do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dj Rezin, Sep 13, 2019.

1. #1 Dj Rezin, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    1week into harvest flush, and just found most of my buds are still covered in clear trichomes, a weeks ago I looked through my scope and all I saw was Amber trichomes in the one patch I checked so I started to flush an 1 week in I've checked the trichomes again an there's clear trichomes everywhere, there's was just one area that had a cluster of Amber trichomes which led me to the harvest flush too early.. I got like 30% clear! 65% milky 5% amber
    Should I carry on with my 2 week flush or should add nutes back in an start the flushing later? This plant is already 2weeks late an 1week into flush leaves have started the fading process. Real question is can trichomes still develop through the flushing stage as I still have 1 hole week of flush left

2. Many of us never ever flush, so we'd go back to feeding, but at a reduced rate.
    Then we'd enjoy the fatter buds we get from lack of flushing starvation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ok perfect thanks for the reply mate much appreciated, if you had to guess what's the maximum amount of time trichomes take to go from clear to Amber the maximum amount of time

4. I have a lot of trouble judging trichomes, and suspect I'm not the only one.
    Adding a week or two to the breeder's flowering time usually leads to a reasonable harvest.
    Harvesting when a few trichomes look sorta yellow works ok.
    Mine are always clear, cloudy, and only a few ever turn yellow in a reasonable amount of time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Make sure you're looking at the trichomes in the buds. If you look further away on the leaves, these can mature and go amber much faster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. pics would help. i guess there is no need to send those !?#$^&*() ?????? really really ?????
    they could be close enough where you could keep flushing .
    instead start feeding again and smoke that nasty nutrient .
    no need to flush even with chemical nutrients just throw it all away after harvest .
    have the black ash bong clogging , popping smoke harsh taste burns the lungs chemical smelling
    enjoy that . all because there are zero pics .

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Boy I’m not even on my first grow yet and I just lost some IQ points just reading this statement....

8. incorrect statement . last week of flowering they are no longer getting bigger only riper . why do they require bloom boosters and nutrients ? please answer that question i want to learn as well .
    if there getting bigger then there not ready to start flushing . come on now stop the madness .

9. Most people believe that buds "fatten" during bloom.
    Bloom fertilizers are very similar to regular fertilizers, except they have less nitrogen and more phosphorous.
    Flushing is completely unnecessary, and will harm yield slightly.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. please stop! do you take your meds to get tested ? how many of these have you had completed ?

https://www.okcannabis.com/test-results/
    here its required or throw it into the trash . no flush throw it into the trash . pesticides throw it into the thrash molds trash bugs trash hair trash dirt trash . lint trash !
    your a do it my self person you can do what you like . smoke nutrients .
    when you supply there is zero tolerance
    here in shops they have high powered lenses and lights along with test reports on every item.
    people can inspect them with all this instead of just looking at it saying ow geee wiz i think its good ?

11. If you grow in a res you can see on the meters that they still feed right up to the chop. Not much like, lucky if they can take in 200ppm the last week but they do still feed. And if they want it then why not give them it? They still cannabalise themselves if you feed them properly.
    Also, this "flush" of which you believe somehow magically takes chemicals out of the buds, does not. Your leaves that are eating themselves are doing so in order to feed the buds. Ie, it puts more nutes into them.
    If you dont know how to feed properly then a flush maybe does make your weed taste/smoke better but only if your not feeding right in the first place.
    If you feed correctly all the way and keep it pretty close to what the plant is actually absorbing, again, something you could only know from reservoir growing, then it doesnt make the slightest difference.
    Some smart arse uni in america just proved it aswell by doing chemical analysis on flushed vs non flushed buds. Turned out the non flush club were correct. Zero difference in the nutrient levels. On properly fed plants anyway.
    Key point being the feed though. Over fed plants will taste nasty and harsh but thats down to user errorr, not the lack of a flush.
    You did ask lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. What method do you use to determine if the buds have been "flushed " ?
    The link above list testing for pesticides and heavy metals.

13. quick article leafy . some key words
    Pre-Harvest How and When to Flush Cannabis Plants
    Your final flush should occur before harvest. This will force the plant to use the nutrients stored within itself in the final week or so. If its nutrient reserves are not used by the plant or broken down, they will affect the quality of your harvest’s smoke and flavor.

another website its also has some key pointers but it also tries to sell you some useless flush solution .
    Plant Flushing: The Importance of Flushing Your Plants Before Harvest
    again you may not notice a difference depending on your nutrietns and how hard you pushing them
    here we follow the ppms on the back of the containers and add a few homemade additives to add bulk and hardness those are organic additives the nutrients are not .
    if your feeding organic nutrient there should not be a need to flush that is the point of running organic .