1 week into flowering.. tips/advice?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kushclub, Aug 5, 2017.

1. So been about a week since flipping to flower. How are my plants looking?

This is my first grow, had a rough start with ph issues and overfertilisation causing bad nute lock out/deficiencies but i think im getting there as they have bounced back and look okay.

Wondering what to expect during flowering? Will i need cal/mag or what and when roughly?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. These are just bagseed, have a few fem seeds ready for next run but thought id practice with these first. Vegged for 5ish weeks mainly under cfls then switched to led maybe 2 weeks back

3. Looks good 'n healthy kushclub.
    Switching to 12/12 triggers the plant to start flowering.
    It can be a week or more before any signs.
    Keep doing what you're doing.
    You have many weeks to go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I had pre flowers before switching so def fem for now. Have noticed a lot more little preflowers popping up last few days.

A little confused with nutrients. Should i continue just veg nutes until buds are developing or switch straight to bloom nutes?

5. Many growers use 1/2 strength bloom nutes when signs of flowering first occur, unless you are going full organic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They look deficient in nitrogen see how the new growth on the top of the plants looks yellow. and no more CAL MAG that stuff is for veg. Use Epsom salt the plants really love that extra magnesium during follower. CAL MAG is only 5% MAG. Just start increasing ppms as she grows you should be around 900-1000 ppm currently and only feed every 3-5 days that keeps down on salt farming as we call it lol Also keep u[ on that ph.

7. Epsom Salt is 1TBSP to every GAl of water

8. Just keep doing what your doing is right. You don't have no nitrogen deficiency. The new tops just turn yellow for a few days then they will green up more. What nutes are you using? Keep using veg and bloom nutes IMO. You just don't want to give just veg nutes once you flip, they need bloom nutes as well. And like mentioned I use FF trio at 1/3 to 1/2 strength depending how they look. you could give epson salt to the plants I wouldn't give a foliar spay in bloom.
    Good Luck they're coming along Nice man![​IMG][​IMG] my tops just start to green up.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  9. I usually start a bit of Epson(Mg) a week before flip and continue it to the end. It cuts down on the yellowing you are going to see start to happen in a couple weeks without it. I usually do a tsp per gl.

10. It's really what ever works for you. I give a PK boost a week or so after I flip. But epson salt won't do any harm so you maybe your right it will help him but not doing a foliar spray in flower! I don't feed my plants epson salt not that it's bad I just never had to. I still use my veg nutes till almost the end. I use to get calmag toxicity 4 to 6 weeks in bloom, because using the trio on top of calmag my plants couldn't use it all up so it would give me toxicity when I thought it was giving me a deficiency. Blackstrap or Unsulfured Molasses is a good source of Mg to.

11. A dose of epson salt goes a long way! Your giving your plants epson salt from the beginning to the end of bloom? I wouldn't give your Plants more then a couple doses of epson salt per Grow. Or like you said you until they green up, then I would stop.

12. #12 Bravedave, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    While not the same problem I had trouble with a couple different calmag products and then I seemed to discover that I did not need the Ca. I start with about a tsp per gallon with the epson but by mid flower, I am adding about <1/4 tsp per gallon. The plant never stops needing Mg and the rate I provide it is pretty much dialed in for what I have going.. In any case, the epson use is not about greening up, but about prevention and reducing (almost eliminating) yellowing from the bottom early in flower.
    I push my veg nutes through the stretch. ( I have gone the whole way with only switching from 20-10-20 to 20-20-20 and reducing the PPM but have since discovered I was missing out by not bumping up the K and the sulphur.

13. Epson salt has a source of sulphur in it not sure how much though? have you tried a PK boost when your in bloom? that will give you the k if that's what it's lacking.

14. My troubles in this area are years in the past, friend. Not soliciting advice but sharing experience. After the stretch I now use a 7-15-30 fert that has more sulphur than most So yes, I "boost" the P a little and the K a bit more with it. Prior to finding this product I would combine K2SO4 with Fertilomes High P Bloom product and my veg nute coming up with about a 10-23-30 mix that worked pretty well.

15. Little update..

They have been shooting up growing 1-2 inch a day. Tallest is 4ft other 2 3ft roughly buds devloping nicely just started adding cannaboost to help development and resin. Don't want them to get much taller so last feed i cut the veg nutes out which was only at 1/4 strength..

Will this help slow growth in height? 4 ft is really as tall as i can grow them.

16. I think im around 4th week of flowering now.

My tallest plant i think has finished its stretch at 46-7" which is a relief because its getting too close to light which cant go higher. The top 2" of growth closest to lights is slightly drooping and a little wiltered.. im pretty sure it is heat stress ? Any suggestions how on what could be done too shorten plant height? Training techniques?

Other 2 plants are just over 3ft. 1 looks more frosty and buds have more white pistils then the other 2, slightly different smell and leaves look more indica dominant so looks like i have 2 different strains which is cool.

Besides that no signs of defiencies or problems everythings going smoothly for now!

I have noticed some leaves dying at the bottom of the plant. Is this normal to expect?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]