1 Unknown, 5 Ghost Ship, 2 Northern Lights AF

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by toolzor, May 21, 2018.

1. Ordered another two for my propagation/clone area as well, so I have a total of four of these coming on Wednesday.

2. Haven't gotten my boards yet, but just a quick update, had to raise my light again, not too much further that I can go, any tips on trying to control them?

Attached Files:

3. Installed the two QBs in my veg area and once you plug them in, holy hell.
    Night and day difference. pics 1 and 2 have the CFLs in the bottom area still to give you a comparison. The top one has been on for about 45 minutes and it's holding steady at 87 degrees F.

Not sure if I really have time this evening to install the two in my flower area, but if I do, I will post some pics of what that looks like, if not, they'll be up tomorrow.

Attached Files:

4. Was able to get one of the QBs up, it's not how I want it hung as a final product but it's up there just to really see what this bad boy looks like.
    Also turned off the "veg" portion of the BestVA light.

I've got to admit, I'm sold on QBs, look at how it more or less just drowns out the bloom light off of it. These things are badass.

Attached Files:

5. 6-21 update. Let the QB run in the flower tent last night, and I have to admit it is quite impressive. In some of the pictures you can literally see the plants reaching for the QB and trying to run away from the BestVA LED.

I don't know if it was coincidence or if this light finally helped force-sex them but, two of my "girls" were not "girls" and were hastily removed and placed into my shed. I have since chopped them to pieces as I don't have anywhere to separate them to collect pollen without ruining the rest of my crop.

Just take a moment to really look at how they bend towards that QB. That's one night of running the QB. I will post some more pictures in an hour or so once I install the second QB in there. I look forward to seeing how they have reacted by this time tomorrow.
    You can actually see the first forming of the buds, I'm such a proud mommy right now.
    There is a blurry picture in there of my first official bud, the Northern Lights Autoflowers have finally started to flower. They are really loving their QB as well.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'll let the results speak for themselves. I might actually just get rid of the BestVA LED.

1 - Both QBs on only
    2 - All three lights on
    3 - All three with ducting
    4 - All three from below (as pictured before, they were stretching toward the QB on the right which has been there since last night, QB on the left was installed just now)
    5 - BestVA LED and 1 QB installed prior to the second QB install showing the stretch
    6 - BestVA LED with Bloom on only, both QBs were disconnected.

Special thanks to @Tbone Shuffle for showing me the light (literally)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. You should work on learning some supercropping techniques. It's what I use to make an even canopy.
    Supercropping on the top and lollipop on the bottom to make a well producing bush. Dont worry, they turn back up towards the light overnight. Keep some duct tape handy in case you snap a stem. There's some good youtube videos.
    Super Cropping Marijuana: Simple Secret to Bigger Yields | Grow Weed Easy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Just did some super cropping (i hope) - Will post pics, do you think I overdid it?

9. Picture #5 is a photo of my attempt at super cropping, hope I didn't overdo it.

The rest are my clones and the NL AF girls on the bottom.

Attached Files:

10. Looks about like what I would have done. You may have to tie those down for a few days so they don't curve right back up again. Keep them low. The crease will heal. The other branches will start reaching out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I did tie them up with a little bit of gardening wire. Some of the heavier ones have one piece holding it down, with another piece supporting it so it doesn't completely fall over

12. Might not be enough, but I'm already worried I overdid it, haha. My wife came in and said "holy shit you killed it."

Now I'm second guessing the decision, but before I did it, they were touching the lights.

13. I saw it in the pics after I said that. If you move it further up it will keep that upper top lower and develop more bush like. Those are pretty reachy plants right now. A lot of stretch in them.

14. No way you overdid it. You'll probably have to do it at least one more time before you get a really even canopy. Wait until you see them tomorrow.

15. Yeah, when I flipped to flower, they doubled in size in about a week, I was astonished. I'm almost at the end of week two now and I'm hoping they are done stretching.

16. Lol dammit, I was hoping that would be the last time I have to hurt my babies, but I can't wait until tomorrow night. My first night off in almost two weeks so I have time to sit and really take a good look.

17. No you sort of have to do periodic shaping at water time and when one gets too tall bend it back down. As they get larger and more bushy you start removing material from the bottom to thin them out for flowering. You'll get the hang of it. It don't even use tie downs. It's all hand training and trimming for me. ​

• Like Like x 1
  18. I could see being able to do that in the future, it took me about 10 minutes to fold over one branch, after that it took way less time, I was just worried I was going to snap it, but if you're careful and do it slow, no problem, I broke absolutely no skin.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 24 hours after super cropping. All of the tops are pointed back up toward the light.
    I should have done this way earlier. Oh well, better late than never.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Congrats on discovering the new training method. In the future you'll have much more control over the shape of the canopy how even it is if you employ that technique from about 2 weeks in veg to 3 weeks in flower. Some plants don't take much tweaking and some take more bending and effort to train right.