1 sq/ft yadda yadda yadda, quick ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jonsi, May 17, 2006.

1. Alright, I know the ol' saying of 1 sq/ft per plant. Now, Is this only during flowering stage, or is it for vegitative as well? Because if I were to ever grow, it'd be for 1 plant's yield, however i'd be doing 3-4 so I get a fem for sure, then choppin the male down. But I found this awesome cabinent with a 1 sq/ft footprint. It would be so kick ass for one plant, but what about until I am able to sex them? Or should i just buy the wood and attempt to make a box, which I'm not good at at all... and too lazy... and lack the tools? lol

2. I think the one square foot thing is for growing in a SOG. Sometimes that uses 3 plants per square foot. If you want to grow just one plant, I would say you would need something bigger than one square foot to make it worth your while. Maybe you can start off three plants in that one square foot and when they are big enough you can sex them. But, I think that 1 square foot per plant is not enough because there is not enough room for the plant to get big enough to be worth your time. Remember; figure a minimum of one month in veg and two for flower. I think at one square foot all this time will result in disappointing yields.