1 plant stealth grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Jdonnie, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Need help and suggestions

I want to grow 1 plant for personal use. and i want it to stay in a space no bigger than 3 x 3 x 3. what should i grow in? what lights should i use, i need to know all of that. ive read a lot of stuff so i know how to grow just not on this small of a scale. also it has to be rather stealthy.

Also how do i keep my plant small but still produce a decent yield thats worth my time?

2. im in the same boat. im currently using a sterilite storage bin (25gal.) lined with windshield shade material and running 4 lights 3- 18/75 watt 6500k daylight cfls and 1- 23/100w 2700k cfl.

i turned the bin on its side to get max height at about 2ft and 1 1/2 ft width 1 1/2 ft depth. i use 2 cpu fans running on a 3v-12v switchable ac adapter one for intake and one for exhaust.
    fits under my computer desk and is easily covered and concealed.

just a thought.

good luck

3. I was just looking for one of those bins and found one. are you doing the scrog method? i think thats what im going to do. and do you have any smell coming from the exhaust fan? if so what do you do about it or plan to do about it?

4. im new to this too. but im using LST and training the stems to grow horizontally and trying to get maximum light to leaf coverage. so far no smell only 6 weeks into veg but when i touch the leaves when tying them down i get a residual sell on my fingers lightly skunky... my seeds are from a friend so no clue what i got.

5. ahh i see, well nice man, this will be my first grow and im still at home, but have to worry about my mom. ha oh well. im not too worried about smell im pretty sure i can keep it under control.

6. how exactly do you have your computer fans working? can you get an adapter to plug into an outlet? or what. im kinda confused on that

7. Some people use old cell phone chargers and cut off the end and wire up the two red an black wires to their fans. i had a charger that was a replacement multi voltage power supply for a portable radio or whatever. it comes in handy if to quiet the fans at night since the air is cooler any way.

i ran all wires before lining the inside with the reflective material so they wouldnt be in the way. cut a square hole out of both the top back corner for exhaust since heat rises and it also cools off the lights a little, and lower front corner for cool air intake. whatever side is up to the persons space and placement.

8. can i do that for any old 12 ac adapter?

9. yes. and get a small 4" or so fan to circulate air in the box then ur set.

10. sweet, im gonna set up a 4 in fan exhaust going through a carbon filter. i found an ac adapter it says input 120vac 60hz 18 watt, output 12 vac 1amp. will this work?

11. yeah should work. oh yeah and timers are great cause you just set the on off cycle 18/6 on up for veg. and 12/12 for flower.

12. oh yes, you just gave me something else to add to my list of shit i need! thank you haha

also, how many fans can i run off of one ac adapter? just one?

13. my advice is buy as much as possible with cash. just a precaution.

14. oh i know. i have almost everything i need laying around the house. but yeah ill end up spending 50 bucks. but yeah straight cash.

15. you gotta plan this out and biuld it in secret or else youll get caught.

for a fan.
    get 2 large pc fan from frys that cost around 16-20 bux. get the ones with ball bearings or something better(itll say on the box). Get a fan Y connector, youll use this to connect 2 fans to a power supply.
    Go to radioshack and get a variable power supply. it lets you change the volts, so you can control the speed of the fans, comes very in handy.
    Get some foam board from micheals and use a hot glue gun to make a carbon filter set up out of and use that as ducting for the fans.

for lights. you need about 100watts per square foot of space. so do the math.
    get some cfls that are 42 watts atleast. thats what id advise. 6500k and 2700k.
    a timer.

and read read read. should really search first man.