1 plant looks like she's trying to die (looks thirsty but not), help needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wEEDhEAD1, Jul 15, 2018.

1. I can easily feed the plants I'm growing about 3 quarts a day. I go with 1/2 gallon on my mid sized ones usually but it's often barely enough. I'm just lazy to make a second batch because I know I'll be back the next day and I use multiple 1/2 gallon pour spouts when I make my feeding batches.

Once that root ball really fills up the whole fabric pot it starts to dry it out very fast in between waterings.

2. stick your finger into the soil. is it wet 1 inch deep ? if not water. problem solved. your nutrient numbers. judging by looking at your plants it sucks. there over nit forming the clay and there lacking p/k dump that line up. 3 gallon pots ask for 1/2 gallon of water ever 24 hours here.

3. It hasn't worked, it looks worse. I'm so confused.

Most of the yellow leaves is from the ami in the top left, this is the 3rd time I've grown her, always she startes to yellow earley.

I'm over my max dose on grow (5ml per lts instead of 4), is enough, she looked fine before she started wilting.

The only two things I've done different in the last week is that I fed 4 ltrs instead of 3 and I topped up the soil.
    In 30 ltr fabric pots can she really be over watered!!

She looks completely fucked now.
    I've pushed the light up to the top of the tent.
    What else could it be!??

4. The only thing I can put it down to is that I changed something.

So feeding 4ltrs instead of 4!

Adding an extra inch or two of soil!

I normally use 1 tbl spoon of molaases in my 6 ltrs. This tIme I used 2 tbl spoons into 8 ltrs.

Can see no bugs!

5. So this is her today :(

image.jpeg

This is the lady next to her

image.jpeg

And the plant I. The top right looks better today, but she has JUST ONE top wilting away
    image.jpeg

:/

6. If it is somehow from over watering should she spring back up when she dries out?
    I can't see how this is possible...

image.jpeg

These two from the same plant in the top right. Why is just one branch wilting?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

7. They look so bad. They're deficient but it could be because of lockout at this point. They're lacking nitrogen and it looks like possibly some phosphorus as well.

Elevate your plants out of the drain drays. What are the temps in there? Do you have an air circ oscillating fan?

I think they have to be lacking air to the roots this point. It looks like it's too hot in there. Dim the lights some. I asked about light distance earlier? Around 24" to the tallest tops for now I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. What are your temps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

9. i seem to agree with Tbone Shuffle,,,lock out of nutes ,,probably a pH problem or could be a problem with your roots ,,mac,,

10. Honestly looking at those pics they look like but arnt yellow like that. I'll try get some more but I'm not worried about a defciency. They have more feed than I've ever given a plant with the extra ml of grow. But also I added amendments to the soil. Thrive microorganisms, bat guano, in all mix, with added molaases every other watering.
    Also coming up to week 6.

Is there any def to make the plants look like this :/. I can't find any symtom for wilting leaves other than under/over watering. But even here they look nothing like over watered plants and everything like under watered but there not! Otherwise the extra watering yesterday would have helped.
    Does lock out do this :/

I have plenty of ventilation with a tornado biox fan and swift air big standing fan.
    Temps are hitting 32c daily though. But it's summer and the way I have to grow I can't do anything about it. 32 can be done and it was either this or don't grow summer. I grew in same temps lst year. (The qb doesn't do much for my temps in the summer)
    I could add another fan to the bottom so it hits the pots?

I've moved the light to the top of my tent so it is at least 24" away. Should I dim the light too? If so to what?
    It is hot yh. So maybe another fan just aiming at the affected pot? Fabric pots should help with that I guess

Also I use bio bizz and don't check ph as it should do all the work for me. Never had problem last time round. Could this?

11. If those were my plants I would elevate the pots and run about a gallon of ph 6.2 water through them with about 3ml of flora kleen in it. That will free up the lockout in one dose and from there I would pick up about 2 days later with GH florablend which is a fermented organic tea .5-1-1 at a heavy dose along with a bunch of root microbes and a generous dose of a sugar supplement. I use budcandy and flora nectar pineapple rush but they are basically hydroponic molasses substitutes.

Get an oscillating fan for under the canopy that helps dry the pots out. With them elevated that should increase oxygen to the roots by a good percentage. If the pots are resting in the drain trays right now there's at least 25% of the surface area of the pot or more that could be exposed to air and is not. Not to mention that when you're having lockout issues the last thing you want is for the pot to soak the runoff back up. You want the excess buildup/bad ph to wash out.

12. Extra oven grills for elevating steaks/cookies or what not are great for putting over the drain tray to elevate pots. If you have nothing else smash a cinder block and use about 6-7 broken flat pieces to space the fabric pot off the drain tray.

13. I'm so busy right now this could not have happend at a worse time!

Ok so tommorow ill elevate them and get an extra fan down their.
    I'll go to my local hydro shop and see if I can get the floralkleen and tea, if not I'll try and next day it on ebay something.

But is it a lockout what could cause them to go so droopy?
    Also everything I use is organic, nutes,soil,amendments. Was told by bio bizz I'd never have to check ph And I even added extra extra perlite AND vermiculite.
    Argh!

14. Like someone mentioned - let soil dry out 1 inch (one finger knuckle) deep before watering. And just water with plain water for a couple of waterings. Improvements arent immediate. Will take about 4-5 days for what you did to show.

Also are the leaves crispy, soggy, firm etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Here's what I would do first thing I seen was they were dry you need water yellowing could be from lock out I would flush them rule I follow is how ever many gallon pot you have them in flush with 3x amount of water then check run off oh and yes til it comes out to normal levels then water with ph water 5.8 to 6.5 I recommend around 6.2 6.3 let soil dry a bit also check weight of pot when wet that's what it should feel like when you water. When they start to recover start picking bad leaves off plant so that they don't send energy to fix them you want that going to your flowers at the least so prune her up so she is green hopefully she'll turn rond

16. Leaves are soggy limp, just like they would get if under watered. Soil at top was moist but last week I added a few inches of soil to the top so they'll be no roots up there so I guess it'll stay moist longer..

Everything looks like under watering bulilt it can't be.
    Also can't possibly be over watered surly. I use 30 ltr fabric pots, I've only ever fed 3lts per pot every 3 days. I added another ltr so it was 4ltrs each because summer and it's hot in their. I don't see how that extra ltr could put the plant over the top.
    I've always though you can't over water a plant unless you water to often, not too much.

17. I don't think I let them get too dry :/

I use organic everything how could I get a lockout? Maybe the soil isn't doing its job?
    I use bio bizz nutes so feeding the microbes not the plant.
    I have nothing to ph up or down because I don't. Ph up/down isn't good in organics so I don't. The soil is supposed to buffer it.

I'm gonna need get better pics so everyone stops focusing on the yellow and on the DROOP! It's the only thing I'm concerned with right now.
    These plants are 6 weeks in there starting to lighten up around the middle. One of them has bad genetics and starts to yellow earley and losees all fam leaves by harvest. This is the last time I'm growing that strain wich is originally from a free seed.

18. If it did come down to being overwatered, when it dries out will it perk back to normal?

19. Yes it should. Part of the droop is lack of oxygen to the roots if it's overwatering. The medium is water logged and preventing air from penetrating it. 25% course perlite in your mix can go a long way in preventing this.

20. All mix comes with perlite already. I added 5 ltrs extra perlite and 5 ltrs vermiculite.
    I mean I'm a year in and still got so much to learn and I am.
    But if this plant is overwatered I don't get it. It showd no signs before I gave her an extra ltr. I didn't give it to her on an earlier day it was feed day.

Fabric pots with all the extra aeration really!

Well I'm hoping it is this as it would be the easiest fix. I'll lift it out the pot, and add a Small fan to the bottom of the tent.
    I'll also get the bit you suggested as back up.
    I'll report back end of week.

Thanks