1 plant looks like she's trying to die (looks thirsty but not), help needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wEEDhEAD1, Jul 15, 2018.

1. sorry for the double posting in different thread..

i opend the tent today and I was greeted with this worrying sight. I really have no idea why

I have 4 plants in there and the bottom left is having problems. Looks kinda like she wants watering :/
    But I watered 2 days ago and the others are ok. I normally water 3 ltrs every 3 days but it's summer and the third day they look really thirsty. So the last time I watered I decided to water 4 ltrs. It's the only thing I've done different. I'm so confused!

I had a bit of soil mix left over so I top dressed last week. It's bio bizz all with bat guano and charge.
    Watered with bio bizz -grow,bloom,topmax & molasses.

Soil is moist still so I don't understand why she's doing this to me??

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Bugs? Sometimes they get aad whenthey want nutes, have you been feeding enough? Looks pretty sad tho. Maybe stop beating her?

3. Also whats your lights? Ive had trouble lately with my new qb fixture. Its so intense i can only turn it up to about halfway or my girls will get pretty sad

4. Bugs I haven't noticed any I'll get the scope out check proper.
    Feed yh enough, actually abit more than useual (I've let em get quite big).
    It's weird as she's the only one like this, two of them are ok, top right actually looks a little droopy two but not like her. Different strains tho :/! Last time I do mixed for a while!

I don't get, she looks old thirsty right? All droopy :/

Funny you say that it's my first run was the the hlg 550 qb. I haven't messed with it, it seems to pull 510w when I checked it.

You only have it half power really? I want full power lol! They have been under that light for about 7/8 weeks. 2 of the other pants thriving!
    You think the light could have this droopy affect on her? Maybe stain depended?
    I don't know what to do, if she don't pull through she's like 25% of my total.

5. @Tbone Shuffle hope you don't mind me tagging you but what do you think about the qb being the problem here?

6. They look really thirsty and dried out to me. I feed mine about 1/2+ gallon a day. Try picking up to at least every other day. The feed rate picks up in flower and the powerful lights help evap more water from the pots along with raising temps.

What kind of light distance?

7. That's pretty much exactly what my plants look like if I skip a day of feeding.

8. Maybe it's that then. I've only fed 3 ltrs every 3 days always but that was with the 600w hps. I even gave them an extra ltr 2 days ago.
    I'll get a battery for my moisture meter now and see what it says. I'll fill my bucket with water now to let it out a bit.

The light is around 20-22" away. Looking now the top right plant is going the same way. I think these two stains are the same (I messed up labelling my clones..), sour d.
    The ami in the top left stretched a lot, some tips 15" away, she's looking ok though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm running three plants in my tent now and one of mine drinks twice as much water as the other two she might just be drinking more my friend

10. I would guess insects (mites, specifically) or perhaps even fusarium wilt or something like that.

Measure the moisture content and feed first. Start with the most simple and easily fixed possibilities and begin ruling those out one by one until you’re left with only one scenario. That’s most likely the one you’re dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. My moisrure Meter doesn't appear to be that good. Just dry+/dry/nor/wet/wet+.
    It read normal.
    I have just given both the wilting plants 3ltrs each just water.
    Hopefully this is just a gross under sight on my part with the new light and summer heat. :/
    Lights off in an hour and half I'll look then and again on the morning then report back.

12. Is that 3 to 4 liters per plant every 3 days? Or in total?

To me it looks like the signs of simple over watering.

Yellowing leaves that look like nitrogen deficiency, fan leaves drooping and curling inwards.

Roots can drown.

13. Until you figure out the issue, I'd back the lights off to aid the recovery. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

14. I also agree about the possible nitrogen deficiency. The droop is underwatering though to me. Have you considered adding a bottle supplement to your routine to add more nutrition for bloom?

15. Nitrogen deficiency and appearing under watered are indicative of over watering. When the roots are not getting oxygen, they will droop and curve inwards. I've seen this being done frequently and this pic is textbook lack of oxygen. This will also lead to anaerobic conditions if more water is added. I suggest doing a search on over watering cannabis and you'll find a slew of similar images.

16. Over watering and underwatering symptoms are similar enough to mistake for each other. I don't see any way that under those hot lights and only feeding/watering every 3 days he has overdone it. That's a long time between waterings in the summer time.

I can see the loose mix in his pots with lots of perlite. I'm the first person on here to generally point out lack of air to the roots but he's also in fabric pots. I find that scenario unlikely here. I tell people perlite and fabric so much they must get sick of it.

It's almost impossible to overwater when doing it every 3 days in a fabric pot with added perlite.

17. Not the best two examples to show the difference IMO. The bottom plant is overwatered hot and deficient. The top plant is a healthy plant that had a day of watering it needed skipped. If the plants were at similar health levels and then exposed to both underwatering and overwatering they might look a little more similar.

Overwatering produces a swelled look as well as the droop that his plants are lacking.

18. Quick example I was able to link. I could be wrong, but it's hard for me to imagine that this pot would require 3L of water at a time, let alone 4 or more. Looks like it should be good with 2 to 2.5L every 3rd day, depending on the light intensity of course.

But hey, it's a guessing game when looking at pictures and descriptions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. That is a lot but I've had plants that ate 1 gallon or more a day. I always daily feed except when circumstances prevent me from getting to them which is rare. When that happens they look like crap. Similar to the OP's plants.

I think one of the issues is he has a combination of deficiency and letting the plants dry out too much. That's making them look extra bad.

• Like Like x 2