1 Plant grow, unknown strain, w/ pics :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by brian_6905, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Ok, so I started this one a little over a month ago, on 12/20/10.
    Medium: Happy Frog Soil
    The plant has been topped, and oddly idk if its mutated or if this is norma, but it has 4 colas, as I see growing at the same rate.

Lights: 2x 105 Watt 6.5k Kelvin
    4x 23 Watt 2.7k Kelvin

Total of 302 Watts

For veg stage, up until today, it only had 2x 100 Watt bulbs, I threw in the 4 little ones for the lower stems to get light because the plant is really bushy. For flowering stage I will use the same, although I was thinking of switching to purely soft white bulbs. At the moment it is in about a gallon size bucket, but I will be transplanting into a 4-5 Gallon. I will also be lining the closet with panda film, which ive had but been too lazy to put on. The strain is unknown and probably from one of the sacks I've picked up.

Here are several pics, the last few are latest, as of today. This is only my second grow, and I am still learning so any tips or suggestions are appreciated. I can also post pics of previous grow if anyone would like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. #2 PG10, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
    She looks pretty healthy man, the only thing that I might adjust is the distance of the lights. Sort of hard to tell from in the picture, but seems like they might be able to be moved a bit closer, though I don't know how much heat those 100w cfl beasts put out. Keep it up!

Use the back of your hand to measure heat; if it's too hot for you it's too hot for the plant. Get it as close as you can without exceeding the heat specs.

3. Yea your'e completely right, although I did consider that, those huge things put out a perfect amount of heat for my plant, especially in the closet. Where I'm at temperatures outside drop below 30 so inside is even cold, but when the heat builds up I do air it out, haven't had time to get a fan either ><

4. Cool. Yeah, sounds like exhaust is one of the things you'll be able to improve on in the future; it's a pretty big one, but drilling holes in drywall can be scary. But you have to exhaust somewhere.

Good luck, it's looking good but if you could sort out the exhaust/temps before flowering you'll probably have some better (denser) buds. How hot is it getting?

5. wow man, thats a really bushy, good looking plant, an in an ice cream pale, keep it up,
    you should top it 4 times give ya 8 tops, gey a decent yield
    good job, happy growing
    :)

6. it looks like you can see right through that bucket, i'd change it to one the light cant get through.

7. Good call, could also cover it up (duct tape, black spray paint etc).

8. i have transfered mine from 16oz. party cups to 1gal plastic see through containers for 3 grows so far.they remain in there for approx.2-3 weeks until the 5 gal transplant.i have used these for over 30 plants and never have i had a problem one.I dont see as to where they are causing any problems w/light hitting some of the roots.just transplanted 12 more last week and they are now 5 weeks in veg and thriving.:hello::hello:
    just my 2cents but tu each his own

9. i have just always read (never personally tested) that any light getting through the container and in the soil/roots can cause stuned growth and mess up your plant. thanks for being polite about it though.