1 plant close to a pound?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MarriedToMaryJ, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Hey guys
    I just to flowering a week ago
    She's been vegging for 48 days
    I have a solar storm 440 that's pulls a true 350 watts and it also comes with two uvb lights. This is my first Grow and first time using this led.
    She's been under heavy LsT
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. You can probaly expect a gram per watt if all goes well.

• Like Like x 5
  3. I would say expect at least .75 gpw conservatively. If things go well you could get 1 gpw as Esteban said.

• Like Like x 2
  4. First off dont give them any more nitrogen those girls are dark, second it really depends on how long ya veg your plant i have a gorilla glue gowing now i just flipped to flower after 60 days of veg in a 10 gal smart pot all organic under a 430HPS, I am scrogging and will hope to get at least half lb off it IMG_1195.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  5. I would say you might would need to remove a little foliage. Doesn't look like much light is gonna break that canopy. Not a bad thing if you lollipopped. Either way, looks great!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Removing foliage will hurt more than it helps foliage is the life of the plant removing the fan leaves will slow the bud production they will pop up in time. and my under canopy is lollipoped IMG_1190.JPG

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. and have only been in 12/12 for 7 days and 4 days under net they will stretch up in time.

8. She looks real
    Good nice and even

Yea man I've been begging her for basically 50 days. I ended up snapping her while trying to lst (first time growing lol) beginners mistake I pulled a little to hard so she had to recover from that. I removed a little foliage but yes not too much. She's in fox farms ocean forest. I ended up using fox farms nutes and didn't measure correctly. So she's recovering from a little nitrogen toxicity. She's an AK47XWW by green house seeds. [​IMG][​IMG]
    This is after her 1 week recovery from being taped.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. mark my words those 2 branches that broke will be your biggest buds at flower.

• Like Like x 3
  10. another reason i dont LST to easy to hurt a plant that cant be healed and end up wasting alot of time, this was mine right before the net went on IMG_1163.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yea lst does strain the plant but I know if I don't I will be battling her since she's in a 2x2x4 Grow cab

12. You don't LST because of the risk of hurting your plants but you HST instead... Makes sense. Not much risk in LST. If you snap a branch, you bet your arse you wont do it again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I have grown with the 440s for a while, I don't see you getting a pound with it. The most I have gotten in a 4x4 space with it was 1.6LB. This was with 2x 440s. I haven't had tried to max out. You look like you are in a 2x2. Be proud if you get 4-5 ounces. Also the UVB will decrease your yield but increase the end results.

Also not all of their units pull 350W to be fair. I have two of them and they don't get that, one of them is way lower(sent back they told me all was fine and some more things) And that 350W is supposed to be with the UVB on. I wouldn't count that into the watt factor, just because it's not the type of extra lighting that increases your yield.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 Tbone Shuffle, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    I've never snapped a branch doing LST. Supercropping yes, LST no. You're using string right?

Scrog net is LST. It's just done with a grid of strings instead of tying them to the branches.

Getting a pound in a 2x2 area is going to be a magic feat. IMO it's not really enough square foot to fit enough tops in to get a pound. Maybe. 3x3 is more a good area for a pound or more. 2x2 is so cramped. I can't imagine.

I got 13 oz's from these two plants. Still cutting down 2 more from my 4x4. The plant on the left was near 8oz's. It wouldn't fit in a 2x2 tent for sure.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  15. I veg with the California Lightworks 110 vegmasters. For a 90 watt light they are unbelievable. These plants were vegged with 2 of them in a 4x4.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 180 watts for a 4x4 is nice. I am using their SolarSystem 1100 to veg in a 4x4 atm. Burn your eye balls out :p.

Also Mikey why do you have the pvc bar in the middle like that? It seems like a full row of heads wants to come up through that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #17 MarriedToMaryJ, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    I'm using flexible metal wiring my light seems like
    It's working good. I also have these quantums that replace a 1000 hps it pulls 535 watts at the wall I have 3
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And my Grow space is a 2x2x4 cab
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wrong, research from u of Mississippi was recently released that proved that sweet leaves photosynthesize more than fan leaves because they're thicker, that along with 86 degree high light leaf temp and 1500umol par light output is optimal for growth, so depending on the genetics which is basically everything, defoliating can increase yields by 30% by allowing more light penetration to lower flower sites, I've done side by sides myself with the same strain and it actually works, the plant I thinned out the canopy yielded the most, the one I removed all the fan leaves came second and grew just fine with zero fans and only sweet leaf, and the thick bush was a ton of larfy, airy buds on the bottom and only solid flowers on the top high light leaf flower sets. I usually remove the top few fans so the lower ones become the high light leaves, makes for nice hand grenade or spear buds based on genetics, once you remove a fan leaf early on, the flower site it's attached to grows two smaller fans directly below the bud that's growing there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Looks like a qp type of plant

• Like Like x 1
  20. How am i HST?