1 part perlite, one part peat, ..... 1/2 part manure

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by TexasWilly, Jan 1, 2012.

1. too much chit?

2. #2 WeeDroid, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
    it damn well better be composted manure. ;)

I would take out half of your manure and replace it with ewc's

There is still a lot more of other items I would add.

Kelp meal, neem cake (meal), some sort of rock powder, crab (or equivalent) meal

After wetting and mixing well, I would let it sit for about a month.

3. #4 WeeDroid, Jan 1, 2012
    composted chicken manure is better, composted horse manure is probably best.

That's not really manure either. It's compost with manure, which is probably better if it was made well.

I would recomend reading through this topic:

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/951816-what-soil-recipes-do-you-guys-use.html

Particularly LumperDawgz recipe on the first page. I base my soil mix off of that but mess with it a bit to suit my goals and available resources.

4. Could you advise me if this is regular? these sativa bagseed are at 22 days from seed, the skunk from the first topping cutting is like snorting ammonia, the cab is fresh/crisp (i think) 46% 81F, its just this cutting

if its only 22 days... whats the flowering stinch like? air tight box with correct in- out and carbon system but still sorta worried

5. #6 WeeDroid, Jan 1, 2012
    I doubt your plant is making that ammonia smell.

Typically an ammonia smell comes from soil/compost that has too much nitrogen and is still composting a bit. I've had soil mixes I've made (from bagged stuff mostly) sitting in a tumbler. When they did not get enough oxygen, it started to smell of ammonia.

Maybe watering too much and your soil is souring a bit. Make sure your air flow is good.

6. I'd be careful with that mix TW. Once I made a mix almost identical, 2 parts peat, 2 parts perlite, one part mushroom compost. Too hot!!

7. Thanks for the replys

wtf, MAYBE a foot tall (first top 2 days ago), if you touch the lower main stem the skunk left on the fingers is un acceptable, like a really strong bitter grapefruit...

carbon filters get what % of the smell again? lol

i hope 102% !

i thought this was white widow........perhaps not..?

8. Can't help with the strain, but there is more than one way to skin a stinky cat. Ozone generators, titanium coated CFLs, and Ona gel all come to mind as a supplement to your carbon filter.

9. gels work nice around the work areas.

10. My oversize carbon filter works perfect. No smell. If yours isn't working, it's the wrong size or you need to turn the fan speed down with a fan speed controller

11. Sometimes there are smell leaks in a duct system, so even with the right set up, one can get odor leaks. Gel blocks are cheap insurance, especially if you go to a hardware store and get the kind made for pet odor control. 5 bucks for 3-4 months per gel puck.

12. Wow, thats a lot cheaper than ONA!

13. I just saw those at the hardware store the other day!

14. Been using them for a while. They work great. Here is a pic. Seems the price has gone up since I last bought some. Web site says $8.50 or so.

Attached Files:

15. what section/aisle is that in?

16. Cleaning supplies, kitchen. I just asked for something to help with pet odor control.

17. whats the solution?

Attached Files:

18. uh, could you make it any harder on us to help you? We need information Tex. Soil, have you been fertilizing, how often are you watering, what are your temperatures and rh like. Did you just transplant them?

If I had to guess, I would say over watering or your soil is way too hot.

19. by that you prob mean fert related "hot"? though it is also 84 F ~45%RH

I just transplanted from one gal into this "soma", after transplant added two gallons on ph 6.6 , didnt see a bit flow from the holes in bottom, i assume the lava rock drank it up.

I cant seem to get the temp down without freezing my toot off :)