1 month old plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jackwyland, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Hey, so i've got these two 1 month little ones, just replanted them into these cut up 2 liters, from solo cups. Should this work alright? (growing in a little cabinet lined with alluminum, light source is a foot long flourescent 60 watt tube, cycle 18/6. Just using mircle gro moisture control.) Forsee any problems??

thanks,
    jack

Attached Files:

2. 80% of the growers on here seem to hate MG soils. Others have good luck with it (just fyi).
    The light through your containers will kill any root that gets to it. Tape those puppies up and keep your dirt in the dark.
    You need more light. 125 watts minimum for 2 plants.
    Are there holes in the containers for drainage? An inch or so of gravel in the bottom will help drainage as well.
    Aluminum foil will cause hot spots and might burn the leaves. Use mylar or just plain old white paint works just as well.
    Other than that... looks good! LOL! I don't mean to pick apart your entire setup, but it looks like you have some studying to do. Read the stickies at the top of the relevant grow forums.
    Good luck!

3. Add a little call mag to help the leaves darken up a bit, the plants are a little small for their age, if I were you I'd go full 24hr, since their going to grow slow with such little wattage. Im also a firm believer in 200 watts a plant unless using a trellis. Also if you plan on keeping em' your going to need to put them in bigger pots.

4. Thanks both, for the insight!!! as you could probably tell, im a new grower. :p these are my first two plants. (the flash makes them look very light though, they're a more dark green)

Yeah, ive got drainage holes, about half an inch in diameter, on either side of the bottles. Since ive only got a 60 watt, would that attribute for their lack of growth??

5. #5 jackwyland, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
    Is this what you mean or should i use black electrical tape? :confused:

(the overhead shot shows a better color)

When i re-potted them tonight into those 2 liters, i put a LOT of soil around the stem to give extra support, because in the begging my light was too far away. So they're actually about 7'' or so, rather than the 4.5'' they measure now.

Attached Files:

6. I hope you cooked that soil real good. That being said, I really like miracle gro's potting soil but only after its been solarized. There is a better than average chance that you will end up with fungus gnats so get some peststrips, neem oil, make a mini flyswatter from a post card and a pencil, and get some hand sanitizier because you'll have to smoosh them with your thumb about 10-12 times per visit.

7. they looking good bro

8. looking good, but jus a heads up tip, get into a 3gal, or 5gal bucket stat.
    cut down on the transplanting, as it will stress them out.

9. Be careful burying the stem in to the dirt. The moisture that the soil holds against the stem can cause rot and/or fungus. For shorter plants you need more light and keep it as close as possible.

10. LMAO

good luck with vader and buddy hahaha i loled

11. Is this an inevitable problem do you think?
    because i did have to bury them a tad deep (3 inches id say); at about 2 weeks of growth i had them growing too far from the light and they streched out alot. They were sagging to one side from the weight of their own leaves, and i needed to support them with little twigs tied and stuck into the soil. i had read that to avoid too much stress and to help them gain support, i should build up soil around the stem. (i suppose not to that scale?)

If so, do you know how i could avoid that?

12. i got fungus gnats and i use scotts (basic green bag of scotts, nothing special) and i think scotts owns miracle gro, u think thats how i got em?

how do u sterilize?

13. Stick some soil into black trash bags and leave them in the driveway for about 4-5 weeks. whatever's alive inside will get heated to oblivion.

14. @skunkfish i did not know that, that is some handy advice i have some plants outdoors that were planted in miricle grow and they got spider mites do you think they come from the soil aswell or was i just unlucky got rid of them in the end ladybugs are my recommendation if anyone else has spider mites they work a treat anywho cheers for that mate

15. I did not know this....about cooking the soil. I'm using FoxFarms Oceanic soil and it has those little bugs in it. They suck the moisture out of the leaves and leaves brown spots and holes! You can to watch your plants multiple times a day and be ready with the bug spray. If you can find the eggs and the nest, you are better off, but it's tough to spot.