1 Month Into Flowering Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jakenvega, Jan 11, 2012.

1. #1 Jakenvega, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
    Ok, so im one month into flowering and i have a few questions.

1. I bought a 30x magnifying glass to look at the trichomes but im having a SUPER hard time being still enough to see if they are turning an amber color, any tricks?

2. Is there a different way to tell if your plant is ready to harvest?

3. And most scarily, I am getting alot of tiny red spots on the larger fan leaves. What causes this?

I havent been getting alot of responses in my grow journal but here is the link so you can see recent pictures (page 3)

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/936133-1st-grow-ever-2-cfl-3.html

thanks for all your help!

2. 1.) be patient.... they're just developing.

2.) Not with any accuracy. The pistils aren't always in line with the trichs. As the trichs turn amber they start to degrade and change. different kind of high. It's up to you as to when to pull... the longer they go, the more amber trichs, the more couchlock you get.

3.) Let's see some pics and details of the grow.

3. At four weeks your trichs probably havent even filled in good. The next couple of weeks they should become easier to see.

Also, they probably wont even be milky at that age, much less amber.

4. 1. I have a hard time seeing anything with that to. Get this its a pocket scope that goes to 100x. I snip a tiny leaf off the bud put it on the table and look with this. You can see it very clearly then.
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Carson-MM-200-Micromax-60X-100X-Microscope/dp/B000P8AUMU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1326284088&sr=8-5[/ame]

2. Check out the harvesting section of this site. I use a combo of looking at the bud with my scope and whats the plant overall look.

3. As your plant nears the end expect spots, dying leaves and such usually. Cannabis has a finite life span not a infinite one once its in flowering. The plant knows its time is coming. Some plants toward the end start turning yellow and such.

5. whewww big relief. I was getting super worried about the red spots just because there are sooo many of them. when i get home tonight ill post pics of the setup and give a rundown on my routine.

Thanks for the help gc

6. Hi Jake,
    I bought the same microscope as linked in previous post for about 13+change at Radio Shack, 30X - 100X. It works but is still a pain in the butt to use. Maybe I'll try Rhapsodyrcks idea of snipping a leaf & laying it on a table, sounds like a good idea.
    Cheers,
    bruce

7. Yea only way I could do it I could not hold the scope still enough but if you snip some do it on a table you see it very clearly and its pretty cool.

8. Yea, thats what I did actually. It took several minutes for me to even get it sighted on the trichomes but when i first saw them i was amazed haha.

9. Morning rhapsodyrcks,
    I'm getting ready to chop in about 10 - 14 days & you just help to solve a couple of problems or at least what I thought was going to be a couple of problems.
    Yellowing & dried leaves & your explanation fit the bill.
    Also snip a couple of leaves , lay 'em on the table & scope them. Hard to believe that a solution so simple & easy had me so baffled & it worked like a charm, lol. You get well deserved +rep for that one.
    Cheers & Many Thanks,
    bruce

10. 1 month into flowering and your going to chop it? no way if is a sativa your only half way there. indica mite want to wait at least 2 more weeks

11. Not the OP... :cool:

12. What is OP? And i dont know if my plant is indica or sativa. The average answer im getting is about 2 more weeks though. The red spots are growing so rapidly the next two weeks are making me kind of nervous.

13. OP = Original Poster. I could be wrong, but it sounded like he thought Bruce's comment about chopping his plants was yours.