1 month in/ time for Miracle grow soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by chuq6, May 12, 2008.

1. So ive got 8 plants in cups and small pots. The roots are growing out the bottom and I need to transplant later this evening. I have no money for other soil. My g-ma bought miracle grow soil that feeds up to 3 months. Do you think its o.k to use that since the plants are about a month old. I know that MG soil can burn youngins, Im just not sure if I should use it or not. Not sure if it matters but im using big pots and 5 gallon buckets.

NEED some help from a variety of people

2. If the roots are growing out of the bottom then yes it's way passed time to repot them. Be very careful with those roots and damage them as little as possible.

As far as the soil and fert questions: Miracle grow is great, use it. I'm giving watered down 15-30-15 miracle grow to my month old plants and they can't get enough of it.

Also make sure that those buckets will drain excess water at the bottom. Don't risk drowning and rotting your roots.

Here's how you wanna do the transplant: Break the cups to safely release the rootball and soil together. Make a hole about the size of the cups or maybe slightly deeper in your transplant soil. Gently loosen the rootballs with your hands to promote better root growth. Place it in the transplant soil, cover to an inch or so below the first node. Then flush the soil with water to reduce shock to the plants.

+rep?

3. thnx man. One more question though: Do you know if its safe to transplant peat pellets straight into miracle-gorw soil, after they grow for a week and 1/2 ?

4. the pellets in there will help with water retention and root growth so yes. but i wouldn't have a big pile of them in the middle. mix it up a bit. those roots need soil.

5. no peat pellets
    do you know what i mean?

6. I avoid the MG soils that say "feeds for ___ months". But if its all you got its all you got, use it. At least it isnt that MG soil that feeds for 9 months I guess. 3 months isnt bad, I would try to water the hell out of them this summer to get all that nitrogen used up before its time for flowering, you dont want a lot of nitrogen during flowering, a little dont hurt though.

You will see little green pellets in the soil, thats the "feeds for 3 months" stuff I think.

7. peat pellets as in what you get your seed started in?
    if so, yea they're fine

8. Yes you know what im talking about. o.k

9. yep, do it up