1 light for entire plant cycle: HPS or MH?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by m1ndeater, Sep 28, 2006.

1. I was wondering, if I can only use a single type of HID for the entire plant life cycle, would it be better to go with full HPS or full MH?

I also know that you can get conversion bulbs, but I would like your feedback on either MH or HPS only.

Also, how much harm will using only a single bulb do to my overall yield?

thank you very much for your input.

2. i use a 400 w hps after they sprout throughout the whole cycle, little slow on veg, but it works wonders

3. Either will work, however, just get the conversion bulb or buy a light with the bulbs included, my last light cost 120us shipping included off of ebay and cam with both bulbs.

4. they both work, but I believe that the HPS is overall better. I read it somewhere, but dont feel like finding it again...

5. Plant doesn't flower under MH as well as it does under HPS !!!

HPS for the whole grow.

6. I think i'll just invest in a MH -> HPS conversion bulb for my 1000 watt MH ballast.

7. good idea

8. HPS all the way. MH does have more of the blue specrtrum but when it comes to flowering it falls behind to HPS in the flowering spectrums which is where the plant produces the dank nugs. Which is what we all want right? See the logic...