1 gal transplant to 5 gal?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smoleboker, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Hey grasscity, I have a few quick questions regarding my grow box bute. She's now 2 weeks into the vegetative stage (although I've been using 2700k bulbs, not the right spectum) I started her out in a one gallon pot and she's still in it but her leaves are growing out of it over the edge. Now I've heard somewhere before that a plants roots grow out as far as its foliage.. If thats true my plants roots would be up against the edge of the container and I'm not sure thats healthy for the plant. Couldnt that lead to the roots bounding together or becoming tangled? Im not sure but for optimum growth I think its best to switch to a 5 gallon bucket. Can anyone give any tips on transplanting to a larger pot? Lastly, when is this plant going to start smelling like bud?

2. When it starts flowering the smell will get stronger. When its dry tip it upside down with the stem between ur fingers tap on the bottom of pot should slide right out. If u can squeeze the pot first to loosen it around the pot. Its pretty simple. Then put it in new pot and give it a good watering

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thanks chep. I knew the answer was straight forward but didnt know to transplant with the soil moist or dry.. anyways I did transplant and its the plant looks gorgeous. 

4. Great. Goodluck

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. That is great to hear.  I usually get my soil moist so it comes out large and clumpy