1 Fan 2 Lights doable?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by paint_u_dgt, Jan 7, 2010.

1. I grow in two tents one 39"*39"*70" and the other 24"*36"*54". In my flower room I have a 600w HPS with a Euro 6" sealed and vented hood with a 464 CFM Vortex Inline, In the smaller veg room I have a 400w MH with passive intake and an 8" inline booster fan exhaust.

My question is do you think I could vent both lights using a y connector and the Vortex fan if I purchased another vented hood? In anyone's experience can you vent two lights with one fan?

Link to Hood:

High Tech Garden Supply

Link to fan:

High Tech Garden Supply

Thanks GC!

2. bump for answer.

3. I have seen pics of some good sized grows that run multiple lights. They weren't using Y connectors but running ducting between the two lights in a in-line configuration. Not sure if a booster fan would be needed, that may depend on total length of duct work the fan needs to pull through. I'm by no means an expert on this, just remembering things in my own research about various setups. Good luck.

4. Yeah, go inline from one hood to another. With a Y configuration, you may get more flow through one hood than another depending upon static pressure in each leg - you would need to get a proportioning damper to fix if it wasn't right - too complicated. Just go inline. Your 464 Vortex can cool your two lights no prob. GL!

5. easy................... i cool two 1000 w with one 8" inline fan could maybe do 3 or 4.....??????.....

6. Thank you very much guys!