1:9 Milk Dilution for PM Control - Breast Milk Experiment

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by awek420, Sep 10, 2016.

1. #1 awek420, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Like the title says, I'm using some fresh breast milk to attack some spots of mildew I've found on my flowering gals.

Same dilution as I would with normal milk, 1 part breast milk to 9 parts water, then I add a little emulsifier/surfactant (soap etc.)

My reason for using breast milk, is because it has strong anti microbial properties. And it's not pasteurized. Mothers will spray breast milk in newborn's eyes to prevent/treat pink eye. In ancient times it was used as an anti microbial rinse for battle wounds.

So far it's worked excellent, with no flaky residual, more like a neem oil type shine, but more mild. No smell, no white spots, no problems as of yet. And best of all no damage to the pistils. Just great removal of present mildew. Seems like a flower safe alternative. In the last week I'll rinse with only 3% H2o2 dilution, but that's something that will burn pistils, thus only using it in last week.

I'm in week 4 of flowering, with some pretty sizeable cola's, so I was concerned with pooling within the flowers, but I've been spraying with lights on and fans blowing on high, with no negative effects from the milk. No pooling issues.

A little more background, I grow in the Pacific Northwest. I live in the forest, there's so much mildew in my surroundings (all the native plants around my house), and humidity outside is through the roof year round.

In my room, I maintain a 35-45% humidity level, 70-71 degree lights off temp, 76-78 degree lights on temp, 4 nice oscillating fans hitting all angles of the room, lollipop the lower leaves, dedicated light cooling/exhaust and a dedicated, filtered, fresh air intake.

They got root aphids from the bagged soil I used (Roots Organic Original) and that caused a lot of bad shit to happen. They will pull through to harvest in 5 weeks, but drastically reduced yields are expected.

Attached Files: