Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

1/8 oz into a 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Will it work?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by leach2872, Nov 13, 2017.

1. So i'm looking to test out a cannaoil recipe that normally calls for a 1/4 oz to 1/2 cup of oil, but i'm not looking to blow an entire quarter on something i'm not 100% sure will be good yet. Will halving the recipe work out, or will it be so small that it's not worth it?

2. Depends on the recipe, and there are a lot of bad ones out there.
    Almost all good recipes will have you decarb first, and 240 F for 40 minutes using a verifying thermometer seems to be the consensus.
    Whole herb recipes are much stronger than strained oil/butter recipes, so if you strain, keep the still-potent sludge to be used for something else.

BrassNwood in this group has a pretty good recipe.

Simpler is to just decarb, grind to powder, mix with nutella or into the oil of any recipe, and bake/use.
    I'm comparing these right now as a double check, and so far they seem to have similar effects.

You can decarb your herb, and try any recipe with small amounts of herb. For example, you could try the recipe you are considering using only 1 gram herb instead of 7 grams, and divide every other ingredient in the recipe by 7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. @leach2872
    As bk already covered always decarb all material you intend to eat first. (240 for 40 min)
    As for amounts of oil all you really need is just enough cooking oil to make mud with. Powered the decarbed weed to as fine a dust as you can. Add oil and stir till blended.
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Freeze,
    Reheat and it's done.
    I use a tiny stainless steel cat food dish for all this work as it's the perfect size and moving from oven to freezer it'll never shatter.
    Coconut oil is the top choice as it's high triglyceride and zero taste and smell make it ideal for our use.
    1/6th lecithin by volume doubles the effective power of the oil. (any kind will do)
    [​IMG]
    An eye dropper, Coffee mug heater, and Capsules complete my kit of oil making goodies.
    When I get into the last 3 bags of caps we just got I'll be right at 25,000 of them made and consumed. 22,xxx now.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. I noticed that your methods are very similar to BadKittySmiles's. She says to heat the oil for longer periods of time. Do you have a specific reason why you do it for less? I'm trying to get as much out of this weed as I possibly can, so I'm not really worried about speed so much.

5. @leach2872
    My recipe is straight out of her thread as she was still active on it when I joined
    Kats 220 F for 20 is in her thread I'm not sure any longer just where. I've been using the same base recipe for so long now I've trimmed here and there anything that didn't change the intensity or length of the stone. Part of her length of processing is also the multiple heat and freezes but that version is far to sleepy stuff for me. I want it wide awake unable to sleep I'm so damn wired on the stuff. :) Fingernails on a chalk board is how my friend describes the high best.
    My wife doesn't like my version preferring a more sedated version so I give her my RSO as it takes a lot more time at heat to finish and it's not near as sharp pointed stick in your eye as my personal oil is.
    I stay continually dosed to keep my medical issue in hand so I've learned how to make it as strong as possible and cut out anything not absolutely needed to get my meds done.
    High THC and so stoned I stagger when I walk most of the time but it beats the shit out of the opiates I'd need to function so it's all good.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ah, I see now. Thanks for the help, i'll eventually try this out and post back with results.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Why the final freezing and reheating in the recipe? After the infusion, isn't it ready to go?

8. Yeah, BNW....is the second reheat also @220 for 20 min or just a quickie to eliminate the freezer bite?

9. @Bigginz
    It IS ready for most intents but the freeze does break up the hash a bit more and since I tend to let the caps melt in my mouth the freeze step takes the gritty-graininess out of the oil.

@zoker
    Yes. Either, Both, :)
    It's just to get it warm enough to Capsulize. To hot and I have to let it cool a bit as the capsules get soft and squishy if the oil sludge is to hot. To cold and it won't flow up the eyedropper.
    BNW