Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

1/8 of an ounce

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dcjamesbond, May 1, 2009.

1. So I was wondering, 1/8 of an O, that is how many grams?
    because i weighed this 20 bag i just got, and it read 1/8 of an O.
    I'm confused.
    Also why does one roast a joint?
    Is it to firm it up?

2. its 3.5 grams technically.
    but usually someone will sell an 8th as 3.0 or 3.3
    you smoke a joint because it gets you high, man.

3. Its about 3.2-3.5 depending on how big your ounces are.

4. 1/8=3.5

Depending on the quality of the bud a 20 bag can weigh out to 1/8

5. ^^ he meant waving the flame along the joint, not smoking it. personally i've never seen this done with a joint, only a blunt.

6. Yeah its 3.5 like others have said, and yeah you roast it to make it more firm, it dries the saliva which makes it more firm I'm pretty sure.

7. Its usually done with a blunt to dry it and hold the seal so it doesnt fall apart, I guess that could work for a j too, but a j has gum on the paper so I dont see the point

8. thanks for all the replies, so damn, that's pretty nice price

9. Yeah I could be a real steal. You should post pics of it in the stash jar forum.

10. alright will do :D
    i never really got into weighing because i never had a scale, but i got this food scale from my grandma, I'm not sure that its super accurate

11. You can buy a scale at your local head shop or online for pretty cheap, I have one. It's worth it

12. An eighth is always going to weigh 3.5 grams, you get any less, you're getting shorted.

13. well i just told him i wanted a 20 bag and this is what he gave me, i didn't ask for an eighth. Thats why i was asking because i never weigh my bud

14. You should always weigh your pot

15. Heh.. that's a pretty nice deal there.

16. Roasting is used to keep the joint sealed. Sometimes the gum on the paper doesn't always work the best so this helps to keep it from unraveling. But be careful not to burn the rolling paper or the blunt leaves/wrap. Also, if you've found that you didn't roll the joint as tightly as you'd liked, roasting helps stiffen the paper and make it more firm to hold.

17. if someone sells me an eighth that's 3.0 or 3.3, I'm not buying from them again unless they say it's an honest mistake and make it right the next time. That is not an eighth and dealers know it. If you pay for an eighth, you should be getting AT LEAST 3.45 grams (since most dealers seem to use 0.1 g increment scales and shoot for 3.5g.)

No. An ounce is not a variable, it is a fixed measurement (28.35 grams). An eighth is 3.54 grams whether your dealer got shorted on the ounce or not.

you have a scale that only weighs in ounces?

18. The only time I ever get an 1/8 sack that's less than 3.5 grams, is when I pay 40 for a better strain. Something like 3.3 grams for high mids.