~$1,500 to spend...Best (SG) Bong out there?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by aquabats, Nov 24, 2011.

1. My friend pretty much has the funds for the best bong out there. I'm assuming it will be some worked SG bong.

best bong in this case... best diffusion, no drag, work, build quality.

She Really likes Illadeph.. and wants to get some collectable coil perc bong, she said it was about ~$1,500

I really explained to her that although the 1.5k Illadeph Coil System will be decent..
    a SG peyote pillar perc (or something of that nature) would be MUCH better. And she could get a worked collab one when they pop up on a;l;t;

MY QUESTION is.. what's the best SG/bong? worked peyote pillar perc, king stemline to 8 arm, the double inverted?? Not sure on the nicer multi chambered ones.

Thanks for any input!!
    Hope there can be some good comments so I can link her this thread:hello:

2. hollow foot peyote pillar with natty splash guard.

[​IMG]

3. 1500 on some glass? Jesus Christ

4. First post. Peyote. BAM

5. this aint even a peyote, but yes a natty splash hollowfoot pillar with some sick work and matching 4 hole slide will go around 1500 if you can find one. Get a subscription to boromarket.

6. DWB Glass could do a sick custom if she doesn't mind a wait. The illy coil is a bit of a joke. Wicked art on some of the big singles but IMO they're just that art. I sold a tri coil not long ago that I know sees a lot more of the inside of its bag than anywhere else apparently for being "a big heavy useless asshole". If its gotta be an sg I'm pretty solid on a worked stem8 being about as cool as they come.

7. [quote name='"Just619"']

this aint even a peyote, but yes a natty splash hollowfoot pillar with some sick work and matching 4 hole slide will go around 1500 if you can find one. Get a subscription to boromarket.[/quote]

Worked pillars go for 1500? Were those the peyote pillars on a;l;t; a few weeks ago?
    And how hard would it be to get something like that on BM.

I showed her some pictures of SG like this:

[​IMG]

That's how I compared the tri coils to SG. Illadeph has outdated technology but I do think they have some sick collabs on the tri coils, and they are more or less just that, art. And SG has better scientific glass.

She likes what I showed her, the SGs, but I think she still prefers the look of the Illadephs.
    It doesn't have to be SG, but I assumed that was the best which is why I recommended it.

She has a couple questions now, How does a tri coil (hit wise) compare to a double chambered SG? Which is smoother/less harsh/better hit?

8. Tell it to her like this. Ripping a coil illadelph is very draggy and restrictive, if you watch the videos they are far from instant clear pieces. SG on the other hand, is like free lowing breathing air. So smooth and dragless. Really impress that to her, Illadelphs will rip like shit in comparison to an SG or even toros for that matter.

9. Yeah good advice Just. I looked up some Illadelph tri coil milk vids.

FIRST video that shows up on youtube... wow did not know it was that draggy. that's a good 3 sec pull and it still didn't finish clearing. "i'd nick name it drag queen haha!" lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJ0s_BEZWU"]Tri Coil Illadelph (w/pyramid perc) Milk - YouTube[/ame]

It looks like the diffusion is there in the Illadelph. I do see mad bubbles, so an SG would provide a smoother hit as well?

10. that helmet costs like 15 grand lol, i think he said 1500. As for the SG's, yeah I don't see how you can get much smoother to be honest. And they cost a lot less than a tri coil don't they? I thought tri coils cost way more than that.

11. Actually when I watch the video again, it looks like barely any bubbles are firing on the pyramid perc?. I see the A/C is firing well, but that beast of a bong is so draggy when you milk it... the beaker portion pyramid perc is not even doing anything.. :(

Well I can't sway her if she likes the looks of the Illadelph better...hhahah

Happy thanksgiving guys :smoke: .... then awaiting turkey day coma :yummy:

:D

12. @_@ what is that.. hahahahah She does have a thing for boba fett though..lol

13. [quote name='"aquabats"']

Worked pillars go for 1500? Were those the peyote pillars on a;l;t; a few weeks ago?
    And how hard would it be to get something like that on BM.

I showed her some pictures of SG like this:

That's how I compared the tri coils to SG. Illadeph has outdated technology but I do think they have some sick collabs on the tri coils, and they are more or less just that, art. And SG has better scientific glass.

She likes what I showed her, the SGs, but I think she still prefers the look of the Illadephs.
    It doesn't have to be SG, but I assumed that was the best which is why I recommended it.

She has a couple questions now, How does a tri coil (hit wise) compare to a double chambered SG? Which is smoother/less harsh/better hit?[/quote]

Yep that's a sweet sg right there.

As for hitting a tricoil take a regular pipe and hitting it thought 3 feet of cold garden hose Drag for days, like I said its art ( unless you think putting half your bong in the freezer is a usefull feature) .

Now take a lighter hold it about 15 inches away from your face and take a deep breath in, now imagine all that air was smoke, that's like hitting a sg piece.

14. omg that is a great description of the two... and the Tricoil illadelph garden hose milk hit seems awful.

I recently got my first scientific bong, SGW inverted showerhead.. I was so AMAZED... no drag compared to my old crappier W$ bong. I'm sure a SG would be even better!

15. dude ... I was just looking at your public profile earlier trying to find your thread with all your SG pieces...

16. Soooo to clarify.. when you take a hit smoothness wise, SG peyote pillar vs a Illadelph Tricoil.. SG wins?

17. I would say so, a lot of diffusion going on in pillars. Definitely smoother pull clear wise, the smoke clears thick and fast