1.5 ounces per plant? why??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by beachbum616, Sep 7, 2010.

1. hey guys, i just finished my first grow and i only got 1.5 ounces per plant

the setup was a 1000w lumatek with an air-cooled hood in a 5x5 tent

i had 9 plants arranged in a 3x3 configuration, the seeds were the ones given away by attitude last year during christmas. the skunk cross sleestack, kandykush and kushberry..

what are some inexpensive things i can do to bump up yield???

i want to buy a boat and this isnt gonna cut it.. thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. isnt't 1.5oz a good yield? how much do you expect to to get?

3. How long did you Veg. for?

4. what medium...size of pots grow temps...nutes...ph of runoff...pics would help..how long vegged:smoking:

5. I think how long veg would be a good question.

6. #6 Hrhfish, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
    Cutting plants also help increase yield. You may need to read up on this as cutting plants to much can also damage plant health. Also longer vegetation period helps. Depends on variety as well some plants have bigger yields than others Check the stats on line with your variety. Most seed companies measure yield per square meter. Most strains are 350 grams per square meter to 700 grams per sq meter.

7. If he used hydro than the yield would have been greater. What is he expecting. 8oz per plant. The most you can get is 3 oz in an indoor grow. And 2lbs in an outdoor grow. That's per plant..

• Disagree Disagree x 1

8. where are you getting your numbers from

• Like Like x 1
  9. LOL. I have a question for you. You are obviously a beginner with no experience, and are saying something you read or heard. Why would you give out advice if you know yourself that you know nothing for sure? Seriously, think about it.

Anyway, your claims are without a doubt, completely wrong. Click the link in my sig. Its my first grow. I grew 2 plants. A White Widow, and a Northern Lights. I harvested 2 oz of NL, and 4.75 oz of WW, Indoors, Hydro. The ONLY reason I only got 2 oz of NL was because I stunted her early on and she fell behind.

4.75 oz of WW on my first grow. And I already learned about 6 things I can do differently to improve on even that, by the actual experience of growing it, and learning from my mistakes. I harvested 6.75 oz total from 2 plants, and that will be my smallest harvest ever.

Well, get some grows underway so you can feel good about the advice you give out, because it will come from first hand experience instead of hearsay.

As far as the OP's harvest, more info, as already requested, is required to know why.

10. hes readin' books and not doin':smoking:

[​IMG]

my 2 plant scrog..indoors:poke:22 zips including sugar leaves..2 zip......bet i yank more than 3 per dry:smoking:

[​IMG]

yeah...thats a cell phone...yeah...the buds are bigger...read up professor:wave:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Haha, thought they were a bunch of tiny buds until you mentioned the phone. Nice :smoking:

12. hey guys, thanks for the feedback.

a little more info,

the medium was FFOF.. in 3 gallon pots, temps were 75-80 humidity was high early on during the first 2 weeks of flowering (70%) but i corrected it by buying a dehumidifier and then it was usually around 50% give or take 10% depending on the outside conditions. PH runoff was typically 6.5 and i vegged the plants about 6 weeks.

i was honestly hoping for 2oz/plant minimum. i have a friend who got 1-1.25 oz per plant with a 600w.. i thought for sure with a 1000w i would double his yield.

13. I routinely get 4+ oz per plant indoors (my record is 9), and I've had yields of over 3 lbs. per outdoors. Be careful about posting absolute limits, because there aren't any.

OP: That is not a bad yield really. With continued practice you can get 2-3 oz. per plant easy. Five gallon pots would help.

• Like Like x 1

14. Gee... I always thought i lagged behind getting only 6oz per plant... guess i was doing aight. That said for yr first grow, are you happy with yr buds? Like are they fairly sizable? My first probably 3 or so grows only ever produced fairly spindly buds and i never got much, but i was so stoked to have even grown anything. It wasn't until i'd learnt a bunch of stuff by trial and error that i knew I had finally grown good sell-able bud. You'll get there mate just keep at it and keep improving :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think all we can do as growers is to try to create the best possible conditions to produce happy plants , happier healthy plants should produce good yields , research and study in these forums of the experience and success of experienced growers will help alot.. You mentioned that the seeds were given away is it possible that the seeds were getting old?? Over the last year I have done 2 grows first one in dirt with old seeds 9 plants produced 3 oz's of dried bud , second one DWC which has just been harvested and drying right now which produced 10 oz's wet trimmed bud off 3 plants so expecting/hoping it will dry out to 3-4oz's.. Both these grows were done under a 600W HPS and both vegged for 6-7 weeks.. As you grow you will gain experience and likely do better each time so stay the coarse learn and apply the success's you gain..

16. the only thing most people pull their first grow is dead plants...your workin' your grow...correcting problems as they arise...ie...learnin'..you will get it dialed in:smoke:

17. Fascinating info on some of these posts. One thing that puzzles me when you see the yield specs on the seed packs why do they give the yield in per meter squared and not average per plant? Also depends on the variety. Has anyone tried Super Lemon Haze yet? I was wondering what yields people have got from this strain as I have just started some.

18. thats like professional growers using the best equipment and nutes..ie optimal growth potential of the plant...not too many hit those marks...i know i haven't yet for sure:smoking:plus...sure they jack it up...how ya gonna prove they didn't...advertising:eek:

19. All the high end expensive equipment is mostly bunk. Nutes are worth spending money on but expensive crap isn't.

I get huge yields of high quality with manual old fashioned hand watered hydroponics. No pumps other than an airstone and pump for cloning water. I spend my money where it counts; lighting and nutrients.

20. i agree..its not what ya got...its what ya do with it:smoke: