Grasscity - Black Friday Sale - up to 70% Discount

1.5 million dollar bank glitch ummm.....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by JobCorps, Jun 20, 2012.

1. what would u do if u can withdraw that much money from a bank cause it was a glitch in the system

i had to share this story with all hahahahah

Detroit man gambles away $1.5 million accidentally given by ATM | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

2. oh man..here bro, go do some prison time, then when you get back, we will just go ahead and garnish your wages for however long it takes an average man making an average wage, ( an average wage for a man with a prison record) to pay back 1.5 MILLION dollars. hahaha fuck, they will never even see a FRACTION of that money, he will be dead far before he gets close to that.:(:(

complete lack of judgement, but i cant say i wouldnt have done the same thing..i just wouldnt have lost it all gambling, i would have FLED the country..:smoke::smoke:

3. If only he was smarter.... He could have been set for life in paradise.. Far away... :(

4. We take the bank's money, we get time in prison.

Banks are 'too big to fail' and take taxpayers' money, they get yachts.

5. I imagine his thinking (like so many other gamblers) is that - "If I take it, win double I can just pay it back"

Then you lose, gotta make more and more money and then the odds break you.

6. funny how things work

7. The bank was totally gunning for him. Who lets anyone, much less someone without the money, withdraw a million and a half dollars from an ATM? Over the course of like 2 weeks no less.

8. [quote name='"Led Zepp"']If only he was smarter.... He could have been set for life in paradise.. Far away... :([/quote]

This!!! Fuckin moron...

9. Why do all the stupid people get lucky, they just get caught....

Dude should've been a GC memeber he would've had some knowledge:b

10. The pain ain't cheap

11. I would've taken that money and disappeared!

12. all that weed...

13. i would be sitting on a beach in a country with no extradition.

14. 1.5 million? I wish that glitch happend to me. Id be in another country with a different name with my family living the life.

Kinda fucked up hes getting in trouble. Its not like he hacked it. Id be so happy if I went to my bank account and saw all those digits

15. I have seen news stories of similar things happening throughout the years. What makes these people think they are just going to get away with it? Like the bank is going to say, "Oops, our bad, take all of the money you want!"? It's a pretty well known fact that when this happens you will get in trouble if you try and take out more than what you have.

I actually remember fighting with an idiot Ex girlfriend about this once. She kept insisting if the bank messed up like this the money was yours and they couldn't do anything about it. No surprise she is sitting in jail for like the 100th time in her life right now. She also believed if you asked an undercover if they were a cop they had to tell you. She was pretty dumb.

16. ok..he over drew 1.5 million and gets 15 months in prison??? wow...nice deal...I'd do that...get out, dept paid to society, and fucking retire in mexico on the money I stashed in a Swiss account...:hello:

1.5 mil can go a long way in some places...

but wait...what about those that have overdrawn the bank to teh tune of billions, or worse, trillions...

do these people need to spend some equal time in prison for the 14 trillion dollars in overdrafts they committed?
    [​IMG]

black guy gets 15 months for 1.5 mil - 1 month per 100k he overdrew...
    congress and senate overdrew 14trillion, $39,215,686,274.50 for each person... thats 32,679.7 years in prison each for the SAME CRIME...unless 'they' have different rules on overdrawing money you know you don't have in the bank...oh well, dats DuhMerryKaw for ya...

17. haha i doubt he gambled it all way. he probably dug a hole and is happy to goto prison for 15 months knowing when he gets out he'll have it made

18. [quote name='"biggmoneyme"']haha i doubt he gambled it all way. he probably dug a hole and is happy to goto prison for 15 months knowing when he gets out he'll have it made[/quote]

Let's hope so. Haha

19. i have a friend the bank accidentally put like 40k into his account. it was only there for a day or two though. he didn't do what i would of done