09' BerryPine Journal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Chrnc, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Whats up everbody! Since everyone else is gettin started on their seasons thread, i was thinkin earlier tday "what the hell it's always good to talk to everyone on GC." Yeahhhhh yall like that hah. Anyways, I plan on fermenting some KB seeds and other verities this comin March. Gonna experiment with a few things, and hope & love for the best. I've been readin up on here all winter cause i don't mess with the indoor.....even tho i'd love to and will end up doin in the near future, and where im at in NC im goin to have to plant around late March earlier April, not that i have to, just want to. Dependin on the weather also, hasn't been what i expected lately but ya never can tell. But good luck everyone.....gotta give the noobs props, im not the best either, :hello:holla at ya momma for me im out.

2. Good luck to you too Chrnc :).

3. yo yo chrnc, im hoppin on this one. KB? what strain is that...you say pineberry in the title also, sounds interesting. good luck this year man!

4. #4 Chrnc, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    its original kine bud...more of a indica, the only seed i found in the sack. this is roughly my 4th year growin outdoors. i grew 2oz. give or take las year of some white widow that was killer:smoking: im tryin to get some fruity goin this season, hense berrypine....couldn't think of anything better.

5. whats up everybody. i'm chillin...:smoking:, readin all this great material and ideas are runnin through my head a mile a minute. i'm tweakin with stuff this season, which leads me to a couple questions. im guessin this season is gonna be crazy for me, weather, time, etc. im kinda fallin behind..:eek: i've already began preparin my spots. using Organic Miracle Grow soil, mulch, local soil and semi-rotten manure. i was wondering, instead of banana peels with the seeds, have them under the spot....instead of the fish(done it & love it). would it have any profound effect?? and i fimmed last year, as will this year. Has anyone ever used one of those round tomato cages??

6. Miracle grow is a non organic (chemical) slow release fert. You could get Espoma plant tone (veg) and tomato tone (flowering) which are organic slow release ferts. The taste will be better. Good luck.:wave:

7. thanks corto, what about the cage? ever tried it?

8. #8 Corto Malteze, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    I'm not sure what cages you mean. But chicken wire is maybe more discrete. To say the truth I never use cages. Just chemical slug repellant for 1st 3-4 weeks. Leave copper ring always. Place them elevated on a bush, tree at first if you're doing it all guerilla (worked great for me). I prefer keeping an eye on them in first weeks (in my yard now). But the slug repellant (ashes, eggshells, half cup in the ground of 50 water/50beer -pure beer may attract too many slugs so dilute it-, chemicals) really work well. I'll try the copper ring alone on a few to see the results as sprouts. Maybe just the copper ring is enough! You'll find some dead slugs if you put chemicals. Make sure you put repellants before and AFTER the rains (that's when they come out). Ok? :D

9. word, i plan on usin the beer can deal, had some trouble with the little bastards last season...i'll try the copper ring too, where would i get a copper ring of this sort, Lowes Hard.?? this is what im talkin about, sure you've seen them... puttin them in the ground in the permanent spot. mostly for support
    [​IMG]

10. Yeah those were mentioned on GC. Guys said no: too visible and not necessary. Mj stands on its own until it's very tall and full of buds. Just a tall stake will do the job and be more discrete. Or at first, use chicken wire, ok?

11. yeah im not really worried about discretion. this is the best spot ever. away from mankind ;) but i might experiment with one plant, use LST and tie it down when it reaches each ring. plus in my own opinion i believe chicken wire a little bit more noticeable.

12. Ah ok! Ive never seen chicken wire lol! You can use the cage if it works for you, but one big stake and some string a la OldPork is a cheap and efficient solution. Support for buds (like the cage) is only needed in the last weeks. However, the stake is always necessary for surviving storms , and avoiding that the plant splits in the middle (attach branches with strings to the main stem.)

13. #13 akaHeehaw, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
    Wanted to chime in and wish you the best of luck. I'm from NC myself (W-S area) so it's good to see fellow NC growers.

Tomato Cages: I've thought about this before when I grew in soil. Sounds like an effective way to train the plants like in a ScrOG setup, but I can't vouch for it. I'm following a grow on here by Llama of Yonder and he's using the cages probably the same way you're thinking about doing it. So he may be able to shoot you some tips and whatnot: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/309404-400w-jack-herer-indoor-organic.html

Out of curiosity, what is your grow room set up like? Or you growing outdoor?

14. Where'd ya go? I was excited for this.

15. I too would like to know how the fermenting went. ;)
    Maybe you really fermented them and that's why they didn't turn out?

:)