'05 NEngland Simon + Garfunkel grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by JeraldoRonaldo, Aug 6, 2005.

1. I call this the simon and garfunkel grow, because that's what I named my plants. They're about a week, week and a half old, this is them on August third and fifth. This is my first grow :) Simon is the big one, Garfunkel is his little brother. :)

Should be in order

Simon 8/3
    Garfunkel 8/5
    Simon 8/5

Attached Files:

2. Update time! These pictures were taken on 8/11. Sorry, they are extremely out of focus, the camera wasn't in macro mode and picked up the background instead. I hope you can still see what's going on.

I'm a little concerned about the way Simon is bending, he seems to be extremely topheavy. As of today, the 13th, Garfunkel has succumbed to the same fate. I'm guessing this is an indication that they need to be transplanted? Now, when I transplant them, do I bury them so they are sticking up? IE, bury parts of the stalk so that just the leaves are above the ground and pointing up? Thanks for you input and help, guys. I appreciate it (and need it haha).

Attached Files:

3. your plants look good J.R.! i wouldn't worry about the bending too much; they should start to straighten out as they get older.

as for transplanting them i would wait a bit, and only cover the stem by about an inch. otherwise you could get stem rot.

good luck in the rest of your grow:)

4. Update! This picture was taken on the 17th, both Simon and 'Funkel have grown a lot. Simon has been relocated, guerilla style, into the wilderness to avoid detection. Funkel should be joining him sometime very soon.

He's on top of a big "hill" in a private "landfill" about a mile from my house. I use quotations because I lack the proper word for these things. I cleared away some of the surrounding vegetation, and planted him. He's completely hidden from view by a ridge, but he gets full sunlight all day. I'm going to put my other plant in the same general area, but at a good distance, so as to not pollinate, in case one is male, and the other isn't. :) I may have planted too late, but I heard I may get a small harvest at the end of the fall, if I'm lucky.

As you can see, the stalk bending problem is no more!

Image desaturated to lower file size and highlight my superb growing :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

5. Well you should of started more plants, i hope your are female. Keep a close eye on them, and good luck.

6. I'm not gonna lie, some fucking turkeys ate my plants. Piece of shit turkeys. I hope they're happy come Thanksgiving, I know I will be. Little bastards.